What To Know
- Today, we embark on a delectable journey with the chicken cordon bleu recipe Campbell‘s soup, a dish that epitomizes elegance and indulgence.
- Replace the Swiss cheese with crumbled feta cheese and add a handful of fresh spinach to the filling for a Mediterranean twist.
- Add a side salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and a tangy vinaigrette dressing for a refreshing contrast to the richness of the chicken cordon bleu.
Welcome to the world of culinary mastery, where flavors dance on your palate, and aromas ignite your senses. Today, we embark on a delectable journey with the chicken cordon bleu recipe Campbell‘s soup, a dish that epitomizes elegance and indulgence. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this classic recipe, transformed into a symphony of flavors using Campbell’s soup.
Ingredients: A Symphony of Culinary Delights
To create this culinary masterpiece, gather the following ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
Preparation: A Culinary Symphony in Motion
1. Prepare the Chicken:
- Slice each chicken breast lengthwise, creating a pocket for the filling.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, ensuring even distribution.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in flour, coating them evenly.
2. Create the Filling:
- In a skillet, melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper until tender.
- Stir in Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup and milk, bringing the mixture to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
3. Assemble the Cordon Bleu:
- Place a spoonful of the filling into each chicken breast pocket.
- Fold the chicken breasts closed, securing the filling inside.
- Dip the stuffed chicken breasts into the remaining flour mixture.
4. Cook to Perfection:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sear the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a baking dish.
5. Bake and Serve:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake the chicken breasts for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top of the chicken breasts and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
A Culinary Masterpiece: Unveiling the Symphony of Flavors
As you savor each bite of this chicken cordon bleu recipe Campbell‘s soup, let the flavors dance on your palate. The tender chicken, perfectly complemented by the creamy mushroom filling, creates a harmonious symphony of textures and tastes. The crispy bread crumbs add a delightful crunch, while the melted cheese adds a rich, gooey goodness. Every element of this dish comes together to create a culinary masterpiece that will leave you craving more.
Variations: A Canvas for Culinary Creativity
The chicken cordon bleu recipe Campbell‘s soup is a versatile dish that welcomes creativity and experimentation. Here are a few variations to tantalize your taste buds:
- Chicken Cordon Bleu with Ham and Asparagus: Add a layer of thinly sliced ham and asparagus spears to the filling for an extra burst of flavor and texture.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu with Spinach and Feta: Replace the Swiss cheese with crumbled feta cheese and add a handful of fresh spinach to the filling for a Mediterranean twist.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Pesto: Incorporate sun-dried tomatoes and a dollop of pesto into the filling for a vibrant and flavorful variation.
Serving Suggestions: Elevate the Culinary Experience
To elevate the dining experience, consider these serving suggestions:
- Mashed Potatoes: Serve the chicken cordon bleu with creamy mashed potatoes for a comforting and hearty meal.
- Roasted Vegetables: Pair the dish with a medley of roasted vegetables, such as carrots, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts, for a healthy and colorful accompaniment.
- Salad: Add a side salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and a tangy vinaigrette dressing for a refreshing contrast to the richness of the chicken cordon bleu.
Storage and Leftovers: Preserving Culinary Delights
Store leftover chicken cordon bleu in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place the chicken breasts in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 15-20 minutes, or until warmed through.
A Culinary Legacy: The Enduring Appeal of Chicken Cordon Bleu
The chicken cordon bleu recipe Campbell’s soup has stood the test of time, captivating taste buds and hearts across generations. Its combination of tender chicken, creamy filling, and crispy breading has made it a beloved classic in the culinary world. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a home cook looking to impress, this recipe is sure to delight and satisfy.
Information You Need to Know
1. Can I use other types of cheese in the filling?
- Yes, you can substitute Swiss cheese with other melting cheeses, such as Gruyère, mozzarella, or cheddar, to create different flavor profiles.
2. How do I ensure the chicken is cooked through?
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. It should reach 165°F (74°C) to ensure it’s cooked safely.
3. Can I make the chicken cordon bleu ahead of time?
- Yes, you can prepare the chicken breasts and filling in advance and store them separately in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, assemble and bake the chicken cordon bleu as directed.
4. What is the best way to reheat leftover chicken cordon bleu?
- To reheat leftover chicken cordon bleu, place it in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 15-20 minutes, or until warmed through. Alternatively, you can reheat it in a microwave on low power for a few minutes, ensuring it doesn’t dry out.