If you’re a fan of fried chicken, you’ve probably heard of the cornstarch coating method. This coating is light and crispy, and it’s perfect for chicken. It’s also a healthier alternative to other coatings, like flour. In this post, we’ll show you how to fried chicken with cornstarch. We’ll also give you some tips on how to get the best results from your cornstarch coating. So, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced cook, read on to learn how to fried chicken with cornstarch!
How To Fried Chicken With Cornstarch
Fried chicken is one of the most popular dishes in the whole world. Most people prefer to eat chicken because it is healthier than red meat.
Chicken can be fried in many different ways. You can fry it in a pan, or you can use a fryer. You can also use different coatings for the chicken.
One of the most popular coatings for fried chicken is cornstarch. Cornstarch is a white powder that is made from corn. It is used in cooking to thicken sauces and gravies.
Cornstarch is also a good coating for fried chicken. It sticks to the chicken and helps to keep it moist. It also gives the chicken a nice crunchy texture.
To make fried chicken with cornstarch, you will need:
1. Chicken pieces
5. Oil for frying
7. Frying pan
10. Baking sheet
1. Cut the chicken into pieces.
2. Put the cornstarch in a bowl.
3. Add the chicken to the bowl.
4. Add salt and pepper to the chicken.
5. Mix the chicken with the cornstarch until it is coated.
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
7. Fry the chicken in the oil until it is golden brown.
8. Put the chicken on a baking sheet.
9. Bake the chicken in the oven until it is cooked through.
10. Serve the chicken hot.
Fried chicken with cornstarch is delicious and easy to make. It is a healthy alternative to fried chicken with bread crumbs.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Cornstarch Instead Of Flour To Fry Chicken?
- Here are five sweet and helpful bullet points for the question “What are the benefits of using cornstarch instead of flour to fry chicken?”:
- 1. Healthier Option: Using cornstarch instead of flour to fry chicken is a much healthier option. Cornstarch is lower in calories and carbs than flour, making it a better choice for those watching their weight or following a low-carb diet.
- 2. Crispier Texture: Cornstarch creates a crispier texture than flour when used to fry chicken. This is because cornstarch doesn’t absorb as much moisture as flour, resulting in a lighter and crunchier coating.
- 3. Less Oil Absorption: Cornstarch absorbs less oil than flour, resulting in a lower-calorie and healthier final product. This also means that your fried chicken will stay crispy for longer, as it won’t become soggy as quickly.
- 4. Gluten-Free Option: Cornstarch is a gluten-free alternative to flour, making it a suitable option for those on a gluten-free diet. This makes it a popular choice for those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
- 5. Thickens Sauces: Cornstarch can be used to thicken sauces and gravies, making it a versatile ingredient to have in your kitchen.
What Is The Best Way To Prepare The Chicken Before Frying It?
The best way to prepare the chicken before frying it is to brine it. Brining the chicken helps to keep it moist and juicy, and also helps to season it evenly. To brine the chicken, simply dissolve 1/4 cup of salt in 1 quart of water, and soak the chicken in the brine for at least 30 minutes. You can also brine the chicken overnight, if you want. After brining, rinse the chicken thoroughly and pat it dry with paper towels. Then, you can fry the chicken as desired.
What Are Some Tips For Achieving A Crispy Exterior When Frying Chicken With Cornstarch?
Achieving a crispy exterior when frying chicken with cornstarch requires a combination of techniques. Here are a few tips to help you achieve the perfect crispy texture:
1. Pat the chicken dry: Before coating the chicken in cornstarch, it’s important to pat it dry with a paper towel. This will help the cornstarch adhere to the chicken and create a crispier crust.
2. Use cornstarch instead of flour: Cornstarch is a finer grain than flour and creates a thinner crust, resulting in a crispier exterior.
3. Use cornstarch for dredging: After patting the chicken dry, dredge it in cornstarch, making sure to cover each piece evenly.
4. Use cornstarch for frying: When frying the chicken, use a combination of oil and cornstarch. This will help create a crispy crust and absorb any excess oil.
5. Don’t overcrowd the pan: When frying the chicken, make sure not to overcrowd the pan. This will allow the chicken to cook evenly and create a crispy crust.
6. Use a thermometer: To ensure the chicken is cooked properly, use a thermometer to check the internal temperature. The chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How Long Does It Take To Fry Chicken With Cornstarch?
If you’re wondering how long does it take to fry chicken with cornstarch, you’ve come to the right place. This quick and delicious method of cooking chicken is a popular choice for many people, and it’s a great way to get your fix of crispy chicken in a hurry.
The process of frying chicken with cornstarch is relatively simple. First, you’ll need to cut your chicken into bite-sized pieces. Then, coat the chicken pieces in a mixture of cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Once the chicken is coated, heat some oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
Once the oil is hot, carefully place the chicken pieces in the pan. Fry the chicken for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
While frying chicken with cornstarch is a quick and easy method, it’s important to keep an eye on the chicken as it cooks. Overcooking the chicken can result in a dry and chewy texture, so it’s important to remove it from the pan as soon as it’s cooked through.
Overall, frying chicken with cornstarch is a delicious and convenient way to cook chicken. With a little bit of practice, you’ll be able to cook up a batch of crispy chicken in no time.
What Is The Difference Between Frying Chicken With Cornstarch And Frying Chicken With Flour?
When frying chicken, both cornstarch and flour can be used to coat the chicken and create a crispy crust. However, there are some key differences between the two.
Cornstarch tends to create a lighter and crisper crust on the chicken. It also has a higher heat tolerance, so it can be used to cook the chicken at a higher temperature without burning.
Flour, on the other hand, can create a thicker crust on the chicken. It also has a lower heat tolerance, so it needs to be cooked at a lower temperature to avoid burning.
In terms of nutrition, cornstarch is generally lower in calories and carbohydrates than flour. However, both cornstarch and flour are considered processed ingredients, so they may not be the healthiest option.
Overall, the choice between cornstarch and flour for frying chicken comes down to personal preference. Both can create a crispy crust, but cornstarch tends to create a lighter and crisper crust, while flour creates a thicker crust.
In conclusion, the secret to making perfect fried chicken with cornstarch is to use a light hand when coating the chicken and to cook it in small batches. This will allow the cornstarch to create a crispy crust while keeping the chicken moist. And, don’t forget to let it cool for a few minutes before digging in!