What To Know
- Chicken pot pie is a dish that is usually made in a casserole dish, and topped with pie crust.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut out rounds and place them on top of the chicken pot pie filling.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Did you know that you can make chicken pot pie biscuits? This recipe is so easy and so delicious. It’s also a great way to use up leftover chicken.
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits
Chicken pot pie is a dish that is usually made in a casserole dish, and topped with pie crust. However, this version of the classic is made with biscuits. This dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner, or for a special occasion.
To make chicken pot pie biscuits, you will need:
1. 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced
2. 1 can cream of chicken soup
3. 1/2 cup milk
4. 1/2 cup frozen peas
5. 1/2 cup frozen corn
6. 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
7. 1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
8. 1/4 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, cream of chicken soup, milk, peas, corn, and cheese.
3. In another bowl, mix together the Bisquick baking mix and water.
4. Pour the Bisquick mixture into the chicken mixture, and stir until just combined.
5. Drop the biscuit mixture by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet, and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.
6. Serve the biscuits warm, and enjoy!
What Are The Ingredients For Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits?
- * Chicken
- * Vegetables (carrots, peas, corn)
- * Flour
- * Butter
- * Milk
- * Salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk until just combined.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into rounds using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 4. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- 5. In a large saucepan, combine chicken, vegetables, and broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened.
- 6. To serve, spoon chicken mixture over biscuits. Top with gravy and garnish with parsley, if desired.
How Do I Make The Chicken Filling For Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits?
Chicken pot pie biscuits are a delicious twist on the classic chicken pot pie. They’re easy to make and can be served as a main dish or appetizer.
How Do I Make The Biscuit Topping For Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits?
The biscuit topping for chicken pot pie biscuits is a classic American comfort food. These biscuits are easy to make and can be customized with a variety of toppings. You can use store-bought biscuit dough or make your own.
To make the biscuit topping, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 cup shortening. Add 1 cup of milk and 1 egg and mix until just combined.
Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2 inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out rounds and place them on top of the chicken pot pie filling. Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.
For an extra-special touch, you can sprinkle the top of the biscuits with grated cheese or herbs before baking. You can also add a dollop of sour cream or whipped cream to the top before serving.
How Do I Assemble The Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits?
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
Grease a 9-inch pie plate with butter or cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in the buttermilk until the mixture comes together in a sticky dough.
Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times until smooth.
Roll the dough out to about 1/2-inch thickness.
Use a round biscuit cutter to cut out the biscuits.
Press the biscuits into the greased pie plate, overlapping them slightly.
In a saucepan, combine the cooked chicken, vegetables, soup, and seasonings.
Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour the chicken mixture into the prepared pie plate.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
Let the pie cool for 5 minutes before serving.
What Are Some Variations Or Substitutions For Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits?
1. Instead of chicken, you can use ground beef, turkey, or even sausage.
2. Instead of biscuits, you can use pie crust, puff pastry, or even cornbread.
3. For a different flavor, you can add different spices or herbs to the filling, such as thyme, rosemary, or sage.
4. To add a crunchy topping, you can sprinkle the biscuits with shredded cheese, bread crumbs, or even crushed potato chips.
5. For a lighter version, you can use skim milk or low fat cheese in the filling.
6. For a gluten-free option, you can use gluten-free biscuits or pie crust.
With a little creativity, the possibilities are endless!
With its flaky crust and savory filling, chicken pot pie is a classic comfort food. In this updated version, flaky biscuits take the place of a traditional pie crust, making this chicken pot pie a fun and family-friendly meal that’s sure to become a new favorite! Top with a generous amount of gravy and dig in!