If you’re in the mood for a comforting, home-cooked meal, chicken pot pie is the perfect choice. But if you’re craving the delicious taste of KFC’s version, there’s no need to go out or spend tons of money. You can recreate it at home with just a few ingredients and a little bit of effort.
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie Like Kfc
Chicken pot pie, a flaky pastry crust filled with chicken, vegetables, and gravy, is a classic comfort food. It also happens to be one of KFC’s most popular menu items. While KFC’s pot pie may not be the healthiest option, it does offer a satisfying combination of flavors.
If you’re in the mood for a pot pie but don’t want to spend the money or calories on a KFC version, you can easily make your own at home. This recipe is easy to follow and yields a delicious pot pie that rivals any fast-food version.
To start, you’ll need to gather the following ingredients:
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
* 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1 tablespoon water
* 1 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1 teaspoon dried parsley
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
* 1 egg, beaten
Begin by preheating your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the chicken, vegetables, and broth to the skillet and bring to a boil. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water, then add to the skillet along with the milk, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
Pour the chicken mixture into an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Unroll the pie crust and place over the top of the filling. Trim the excess crust, then crimp the edges to seal. Cut slits in the top of the crust to vent steam. Brush the crust with the beaten egg.
What Is The Difference Between Homemade Chicken Pot Pie And Kfc’s Version?
- Homemade chicken pot pie is made with fresh ingredients and can be tailored to your own tastes and preferences.
- KFC’s version is made with prepackaged ingredients and can be higher in sodium and fat.
- Homemade chicken pot pie is typically a healthier option than KFC’s version.
- Homemade chicken pot pie can be more filling and satisfying than KFC’s version.
- Homemade chicken pot pie is a cheaper option than KFC’s version.
What Are The Key Ingredients In A Kfc Chicken Pot Pie?
A KFC chicken pot pie is a flaky, golden crust filled with tender chunks of chicken, potatoes, peas, and carrots in a creamy sauce. The dish is hearty and comforting, and it’s one of the most popular items on the KFC menu. But what are the key ingredients in a KFC chicken pot pie?
The main ingredient in a KFC chicken pot pie is, of course, chicken. The chicken is seasoned and cooked until it’s juicy and tender. The potatoes are diced and cooked until tender, and the carrots and peas are cooked until they’re crisp-tender. The creamy sauce is made with chicken broth, flour, and milk, and it’s seasoned with salt and pepper.
The crust of a KFC chicken pot pie is made with flour, butter, salt, and water. It’s rolled out and draped over the pie dish, and it’s baked until golden brown. The crust is flaky and crispy, and it complements the creamy filling perfectly.
Overall, the key ingredients in a KFC chicken pot pie are chicken, potatoes, peas, carrots, a creamy sauce, and a flaky crust. These ingredients combine to create a delicious and comforting dish that’s perfect for a cold winter day or a cozy night in.
If you’re in the mood for a KFC chicken pot pie, be sure to give it a try. It’s one of the most popular items on the KFC menu for a reason, and it’s sure to satisfy your hunger.
How Do You Make A Homemade Pie Crust From Scratch?
Making homemade pie crust from scratch can be a delicious and rewarding activity. Here is a simple recipe you can follow:
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
* 1/4 cup ice water
1. Place the flour and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add the cubed butter and use a pastry blender or fork to cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Slowly add the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and use a fork to mix it in. Continue adding water until the dough comes together into a ball.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it a few times until it forms a smooth ball.
5. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
6. After the dough has chilled, roll it out on a lightly floured surface until it is about 1/8-inch thick.
How Do You Cook The Chicken And Vegetables In A Chicken Pot Pie?
* 1 cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
* 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
* 1 can cream of chicken soup
* 1 pie crust
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, frozen vegetables, and cream of chicken soup. Mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into a baking dish.
4. Place the pie crust on top of the mixture, and crimp the edges to seal.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
And that’s it! Your delicious chicken pot pie is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Can You Make Chicken Pot Pie In Advance And Reheat It?
Yes, you can make chicken pot pie in advance and reheat it. The pot pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months. To reheat, thaw the pot pie in the refrigerator overnight if it has been frozen. Then, bake it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15-20 minutes, or until heated through. You can also reheat the pot pie in the microwave, but it may not heat evenly and the crust may become soggy.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, making chicken pot pie like KFC at home is a quick and easy way to feed your family or impress your guests. With a little time and effort, you can create a delicious and comforting meal that will make you feel like you’re dining at a restaurant. Give it a try tonight!