What To Know
- If you prefer a milder sauce, reduce the amount of lemon juice or add a bit of sugar.
- It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner, a casual lunch, or even a special occasion meal.
- The lemon chicken recipe with lemon zest is a delightful dish that combines the tangy flavor of lemons with the tender texture of chicken.
If you’re looking for a simple yet flavorful dish that’s sure to impress your taste buds, look no further than this lemon chicken recipe with lemon zest. This classic dish combines the tangy zest of lemons with the tender, juicy texture of chicken, creating a culinary masterpiece that’s both refreshing and satisfying. So, gather your ingredients, put on your apron, and let’s embark on a culinary journey to create this delightful dish.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Prepare the Chicken:
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken pieces, olive oil, flour, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
2. Sear the Chicken:
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until golden brown on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
3. Make the Lemon Sauce:
- In the same skillet, add the chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Return the Chicken:
- Add the seared chicken back to the skillet with the lemon sauce. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Garnish and Serve:
- Transfer the lemon chicken to a serving dish and garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or rice.
Tips for a Perfect Lemon Chicken Recipe with Lemon Zest:
- Use high-quality lemons: Freshly squeezed lemon juice and zest make all the difference in this dish. Choose lemons that are plump and have a bright yellow color.
- Don’t overcrowd the skillet: When searing the chicken, make sure not to overcrowd the skillet. This will prevent the chicken from cooking evenly and becoming dry.
- Adjust the sauce to your taste: The lemon sauce should be tangy and flavorful, but not overpowering. If you prefer a milder sauce, reduce the amount of lemon juice or add a bit of sugar.
- Serve immediately: This dish is best served immediately after cooking. The chicken will become dry if it sits for too long.
Variations of Lemon Chicken Recipe with Lemon Zest:
- Grilled Lemon Chicken: Instead of searing the chicken in a skillet, grill it over medium heat until cooked through. This will give the chicken a delicious smoky flavor.
- Lemon Chicken with Herbs: Add some fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary, or oregano, to the lemon sauce for an extra layer of flavor.
- Lemon Chicken with Vegetables: Add some chopped vegetables, such as bell peppers, onions, or zucchini, to the skillet along with the chicken. This will create a one-pan meal that’s packed with flavor and nutrition.
Benefits of Lemon Chicken Recipe with Lemon Zest:
- Health Benefits: Lemons are a good source of vitamin C, which is an antioxidant that can help boost your immune system. They’re also a good source of potassium, which can help regulate blood pressure.
- Versatility: This dish can be served with a variety of sides, making it a great option for any occasion. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner, a casual lunch, or even a special occasion meal.
- Easy to Make: This recipe is simple to follow and doesn’t require any special ingredients or equipment. It’s a great dish for beginner cooks or those who are short on time.
The Bottom Line:
The lemon chicken recipe with lemon zest is a delightful dish that combines the tangy flavor of lemons with the tender texture of chicken. It’s easy to make, versatile, and packed with flavor. So, next time you’re looking for a quick and delicious meal, give this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Quick Answers to Your FAQs
Q: Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use frozen chicken. Just make sure to thaw it completely before cooking.
Q: Can I use a different type of citrus fruit instead of lemons?
A: Yes, you can use other citrus fruits, such as oranges, limes, or grapefruit. However, the flavor of the dish will be different.
Q: How can I make the sauce thicker?
A: To thicken the sauce, you can add a cornstarch slurry. Mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water until smooth. Then, add it to the sauce and cook until thickened.