What To Know
- A clean grill will help prevent flare-ups and will also make it easier to remove the chicken from the grill.
- A fresh salad is a light and refreshing way to balance out the richness of the lemon chicken.
- This lemon chicken recipe on the grill is sure to be a hit at your next backyard barbecue.
Are you ready to embark on a culinary adventure that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight? Look no further than this lemon chicken recipe on the grill. This dish combines the tangy zest of lemons with the smoky flavor of grilled chicken, creating a tantalizing symphony of flavors that will make your mouth water. So, fire up your grill and let’s get cooking!
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for garnish
1. Prepare the Chicken:
- Rinse the chicken pieces thoroughly and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and toss to coat them evenly.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
2. Preheat the Grill:
- Prepare your grill for medium-high heat. If using a charcoal grill, let the coals burn until they are white-hot and covered with a thin layer of ash.
3. Grill the Chicken:
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Place the chicken pieces on the preheated grill.
- Grill the chicken for 8-10 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
4. Baste the Chicken:
- While the chicken is grilling, baste it with the remaining marinade every few minutes.
- This will help keep the chicken moist and flavorful.
5. Rest the Chicken:
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the chicken.
6. Serve and Enjoy:
- Garnish the chicken with lemon wedges and serve immediately.
- Pair it with your favorite sides, such as grilled vegetables, roasted potatoes, or a fresh salad.
Tips for Grilling Lemon Chicken:
- Use a well-seasoned grill: A well-seasoned grill will help prevent the chicken from sticking and will also impart a delicious smoky flavor.
- Don’t overcrowd the grill: Make sure to leave enough space between the chicken pieces so that they can cook evenly.
- Keep the grill clean: A clean grill will help prevent flare-ups and will also make it easier to remove the chicken from the grill.
- Use a meat thermometer: The best way to ensure that the chicken is cooked through is to use a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Add some spice: If you like a little bit of heat, you can add some chili powder or cayenne pepper to the marinade.
- Use different herbs: Feel free to experiment with different herbs in the marinade. Some good options include thyme, rosemary, or basil.
- Try different citrus fruits: Instead of lemons, you can use limes, oranges, or grapefruits in the marinade.
- Make a lemon-herb sauce: To serve, you can make a simple lemon-herb sauce by combining lemon juice, olive oil, chopped herbs, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Grilled vegetables: Grilled vegetables are a great way to add some healthy sides to your meal. Try grilling zucchini, bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms.
- Roasted potatoes: Roasted potatoes are another delicious option for a side dish. Simply toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast them in the oven until they are golden brown.
- Fresh salad: A fresh salad is a light and refreshing way to balance out the richness of the lemon chicken. Try a simple green salad with a vinaigrette dressing.
“Lemon Chicken On The Grill”: A Culinary Delight
This lemon chicken recipe on the grill is sure to be a hit at your next backyard barbecue. The tangy lemon flavor, combined with the smoky grilled chicken, creates a dish that is both delicious and visually appealing. So, gather your ingredients, fire up your grill, and get ready to enjoy a taste of summer with this delightful lemon chicken recipe on the grill.
Q: How long should I marinate the chicken?
A: You can marinate the chicken for as little as 30 minutes or up to overnight. The longer you marinate the chicken, the more flavorful it will be.
Q: What is the best way to grill the chicken?
A: Grill the chicken over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Q: What are some good sides to serve with lemon chicken?
A: Some good sides to serve with lemon chicken include grilled vegetables, roasted potatoes, or a fresh salad.