Homemade chicken pot pie with biscuits is a hearty and delicious dish that is perfect for a family dinner. This recipe is easy to follow and only requires a few ingredients. The biscuits are light and fluffy, and the chicken pot pie filling is creamy and flavorful. This dish is sure to be a hit with everyone in the family.
How To Make Homemade Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuits
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of mixed vegetables
1 can of refrigerated biscuits
Salt and pepper to taste
Step 2: Cook Chicken
Cook the chicken breasts until they are no longer pink inside. Then, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Step 3: Prepare Vegetables
Open the can of mixed vegetables and drain them. Then, cut any large pieces into smaller pieces.
Step 4: Prepare Sauce
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup and the mixed vegetables. Mix well.
Step 5: Assemble Pie
Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Then, layer the chicken pieces in the bottom of the pie pan. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
Step 6: Bake
Place the pie pan in the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Step 7: Prepare Biscuits
Open the can of biscuits and cut the biscuits into quarters.
Step 8: Assemble
Remove the pie from the oven and sprinkle the biscuit pieces on top of the pie. Place the pie back in the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Step 9: Serve
Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, serve and enjoy!
You can use any type of canned vegetables that you like. You can also use a different type of meat if you prefer.
This pie is best served warm. It can also be refrigerated and reheated in the microwave.
What Is The Best Way To Cook Chicken For Chicken Pot Pie?
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2. Place the chicken in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Bake the chicken for 30 minutes, or until it is no longer pink in the center.
- 4. Remove the chicken from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- 5. Shred the chicken using two forks, or cut it into bite-sized pieces.
What Are The Best Vegetables To Use In A Homemade Chicken Pot Pie?
Chicken pot pie is a classic American dish that is perfect for any occasion. However, if you’re looking for a healthier option, you may want to consider making your own chicken pot pie at home. This recipe is easy to make and can be customized to include your favorite vegetables.
* 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
* 1 cup mixed vegetables (such as carrots, peas, and corn)
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/2 cup milk
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, mixed vegetables, and chicken broth.
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, butter, and milk.
4. Pour the flour mixture into the chicken and vegetables and stir until well combined.
5. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
Note: You can also make a crustless chicken pot pie by omitting the flour, butter, and milk. Simply pour the chicken and vegetables into a baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes.
What Are The Best Spices To Use In A Homemade Chicken Pot Pie?
There are many spices that can be used in a homemade chicken pot pie, but some of the best include:
1. Thyme: This herb adds a subtle, woodsy flavor to the pie.
2. Sage: Sage is a classic addition to chicken pot pie, and its earthy flavor pairs well with chicken.
3. Rosemary: Rosemary is another herb that pairs well with chicken, and it adds a slightly piney flavor to the pie.
4. Garlic powder: Garlic powder adds a lot of flavor without adding any moisture, making it a good choice for a pot pie.
5. Onion powder: Onion powder adds a similar flavor to fresh onions, but with less moisture.
6. Salt and pepper: Salt and pepper are essential for seasoning the chicken and gravy, and they help to bring out the flavors of the other ingredients.
In addition to these spices, you can also add other herbs and spices, such as parsley, oregano, and paprika, to suit your taste. Experiment with different combinations of spices to find the perfect flavor for your homemade chicken pot pie.
What Is The Best Way To Make A Homemade Biscuit Topping For A Chicken Pot Pie?
The best way to make a homemade biscuit topping for a chicken pot pie is by using a simple recipe that yields fluffy, delicious results. First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, in a large bowl, mix together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 4 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Cut in 1/2 cup of cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Next, add in 1 cup of milk and 1 beaten egg, stirring until just combined. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it gently 8-10 times. Roll the dough out until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out rounds from the dough. Place the rounds on top of the chicken pot pie filling, making sure to leave a small gap between each biscuit. Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.
What Is The Best Way To Reheat A Homemade Chicken Pot Pie?
The best way to reheat a homemade chicken pot pie is to place it on a baking sheet and bake it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15-20 minutes. This will help to ensure that the filling is heated through and the crust is crispy. Alternatively, you can also reheat your pot pie in the microwave, but the crust may not be quite as crispy.
In just a few simple steps, you can whip up a mouthwatering homemade chicken pot pie with biscuits that will have your family begging for seconds. This dish is perfect for a cold winter night or any time you’re craving a home-cooked meal. So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and start cooking!