What To Know
- Can I Make The Filling In Advance And Store It In The Fridge Or Freezer.
- To make the filling in advance, simply cook the filling according to the recipe instructions, then allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Once it has cooled, transfer it to a container with a lid and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you’re in the mood for a hearty and comforting meal, then you’re going to love this recipe for easy chicken pot pie filling. This recipe is so easy to make, and it’s full of delicious flavors. Plus, it’s a great way to feed a crowd.
How To Make Easy Chicken Pot Pie Filling
A creamy chicken pot pie filling is easy to make at home. The filling can be made with a variety of ingredients, such as chicken, vegetables, and a creamy sauce. To make the filling, you will need:
1. 2 cups of cooked chicken, shredded
2. 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables
3. 1 cup of chicken broth
4. 1/2 cup of heavy cream
5. 1/4 cup of flour
6. 1/2 teaspoon of salt
7. 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
8. 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
9. 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
To make the filling, start by combining the cooked chicken, frozen vegetables, and chicken broth in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream, flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Slowly add the flour mixture to the saucepan, stirring constantly. Simmer the mixture for 5-7 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
Pour the filling into a baking dish and top with pie crust. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
This filling is easy to make and tastes delicious. It’s perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion.
What Are The Key Ingredients For Making Chicken Pot Pie Filling?
- Chicken pot pie filling is a hearty and comforting dish that is perfect for any occasion. Here are the key ingredients you need to make it:
- 1. Chicken: You can use either cooked chicken or uncooked chicken. If you are using uncooked chicken, you will need to cook it before adding it to the pot pie filling.
- 2. Vegetables:Pot pie filling usually includes a mix of vegetables such as carrots, celery, and onions.
- 3. Gravy: Gravy is what makes pot pie filling so rich and flavorful. You can use store-bought gravy or make your own.
- 4. Herbs and Spices:Pot pie filling is typically seasoned with a mix of herbs and spices such as thyme, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- 5. Crust:The crust is what makes pot pie filling so special. You can use store-bought pie crust or make your own.
Can I Make The Filling In Advance And Store It In The Fridge Or Freezer?
Yes, you can make the filling in advanced and store it in the fridge or freezer. However, you may need to adjust the cooking times if the filling is cold.
To make the filling in advance, simply cook the filling according to the recipe instructions, then allow it to cool to room temperature. Once it has cooled, transfer it to a container with a lid and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze the filling for up to 3 months. To do this, simply transfer the cooled filling to a freezer-safe container and store it in the freezer. When you’re ready to use the filling, allow it to thaw in the fridge overnight, then cook it according to the recipe instructions.
Keep in mind that you may need to add a little extra cooking time if the filling is cold, so keep an eye on it while it’s cooking.
Can I Make The Filling Gluten-free Or Dairy-free?
Absolutely! There are several ways to modify the filling to be gluten-free or dairy-free. For a gluten-free option, you can use a gluten-free flour blend or almond flour in place of the all-purpose flour. Be sure to use a blend that is intended for baking, as other types of gluten-free flours may not yield the same results. For dairy-free, you can use non-dairy milk such as almond milk or coconut milk in place of the whole milk, and non-dairy butter or coconut oil in place of the butter. You may need to adjust the amounts of these ingredients slightly, so keep an eye on the consistency of the filling and adjust as needed.
How Can I Customize The Flavor Of The Filling?
To customize the flavor of the filling in pastries, you can try different ingredients like chocolate, fruits, or spices. Chocolate is a popular filling, and you can use chocolate chips, cocoa powder, or melted chocolate. Fruits like strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries can also be used as fillings. Spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom can also be used to add flavor to the filling. You can also try mixing different ingredients to create a unique flavor. For example, you can mix chocolate with strawberries or raspberries.
How Can I Make The Filling Healthier?
There are a few ways to make the filling healthier. One way is to replace the butter or shortening with a healthier fat, such as olive oil or avocado oil. You can also use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. Another way to make the filling healthier is to reduce the amount of sugar used. You can use less sugar, or you can use a natural sweetener, such as honey or maple syrup. You can also use fruits or vegetables to add sweetness and nutrients to the filling. For example, you can add mashed bananas or grated carrots to the filling.
In conclusion, making chicken pot pie filling from scratch is a simple and easy process that can be customized to fit any taste. With this step-by-step guide, you’ll be able to create a delicious and hearty meal that will satisfy even the hungriest of appetites.