What To Know
- Place the chicken on a microwave-safe plate and heat on high for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Whether you are serving it for a special occasion or just a casual weeknight meal, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
- So next time you are looking for a satisfying and flavorful meal, give this buttermilk fried chicken recipe a try.
Buttermilk fried chicken is a classic Southern dish that is loved by people of all ages. The combination of crispy, flavorful breading and juicy, tender chicken is simply irresistible. This recipe for boneless buttermilk fried chicken is especially easy to make, and it yields perfectly cooked chicken every time.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, buttermilk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, and oregano. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the flour and remaining seasonings.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
5. Carefully place the chicken in the hot oil and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Drain the chicken on paper towels.
7. Serve hot with your favorite sides.
Tips for Making the Best Buttermilk Fried Chicken:
- Use fresh, high-quality chicken. This will make a big difference in the flavor of the finished dish.
- Make sure the chicken is completely coated in the buttermilk mixture. This will help the breading adhere to the chicken and prevent it from drying out.
- Don’t overcrowd the skillet when cooking the chicken. This will cause the chicken to steam instead of fry, and it will not be as crispy.
- Cook the chicken until it is golden brown and cooked through. This will ensure that the chicken is juicy and flavorful.
- Serve the chicken hot with your favorite sides. Some popular sides for buttermilk fried chicken include mashed potatoes, coleslaw, and cornbread.
Variations on the Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe:
- Instead of using boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, you can also use bone-in, skin-on chicken. This will give the chicken a more flavorful and crispy skin.
- You can adjust the seasonings in the breading to your liking. For example, you can add more cayenne pepper for a spicier chicken, or you can add herbs such as rosemary or sage.
- You can also add other ingredients to the breading, such as grated Parmesan cheese or crushed cornflakes. This will give the chicken a different flavor and texture.
- You can serve the buttermilk fried chicken with a variety of sauces, such as honey mustard, barbecue sauce, or ranch dressing.
How to Store and Reheat Buttermilk Fried Chicken:
- Buttermilk fried chicken can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat the chicken, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until heated through.
- You can also reheat the chicken in a microwave. Place the chicken on a microwave-safe plate and heat on high for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through.
“Finger-Lickin’ Good” Buttermilk Fried Chicken: A Culinary Delight!
Buttermilk fried chicken is a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Whether you are serving it for a special occasion or just a casual weeknight meal, this recipe is sure to be a hit. So next time you are looking for a satisfying and flavorful meal, give this buttermilk fried chicken recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Answers to Your Most Common Questions
Q: Can I use almond milk instead of buttermilk?
A: Yes, you can use almond milk instead of buttermilk. However, the buttermilk will give the chicken a more tender and flavorful crust.
Q: Can I bake the chicken instead of frying it?
A: Yes, you can bake the chicken instead of frying it. To do this, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
Q: What are some good sides to serve with buttermilk fried chicken?
A: Some good sides to serve with buttermilk fried chicken include mashed potatoes, coleslaw, cornbread, green beans, and macaroni and cheese.