Fried chicken is a delicious, popular dish that can be enjoyed by everyone. But, if you’re not careful, it can also be a calorie-laden, unhealthy meal. One way to make fried chicken healthier is to use fried chicken flour.
How To Use Fried Chicken Flour
1. Chicken thighs, 6 pieces
2. Chicken legs, 6 pieces
3. Garlic, 6 cloves
4. Spring onions, 6 pieces
5. Salt, 1 tablespoon
6. Pepper, 1 tablespoon
7. Chicken powder, 1 tablespoon
8. Corn starch, 1 cup
9. All-purpose flour, 1 cup
10. Oil, for frying
1. Marinate the chicken thighs and legs with salt, pepper, chicken powder, and garlic.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
3. Coat the chicken thighs and legs with corn starch and all-purpose flour.
4. Fry the chicken pieces until golden brown.
5. Remove fried chicken from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
6. Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
1. You can adjust the amount of corn starch and all-purpose flour according to your preference.
2. You can also use other types of chicken, such as chicken breasts or wings.
3. You can also add other seasonings to the chicken, such as paprika or cayenne pepper.
4. You can serve the fried chicken with dipping sauces, such as soy sauce or honey mustard.
5. You can also serve the fried chicken with side dishes, such as coleslaw or potato salad.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Fried Chicken Flour?
- Using fried chicken flour offers several benefits, including:
- 1. Enhanced Flavor: Fried Chicken Flour adds a delicious, crispy coating to chicken, making it more flavorful and appealing.
- 2. Easy Preparation: Fried Chicken Flour is simple to use, requiring only a quick dredge in seasoned flour before frying.
- 3. Versatility: Fried Chicken Flour can be used in various ways, including breading chicken, thickening sauces, or making gravies.
- 4. Nutritional Benefits: Fried Chicken Flour contains protein and carbohydrates, providing essential nutrients for a healthy diet.
- 5. Economical: Fried Chicken Flour is an affordable ingredient that can be used in a wide variety of dishes, making it a cost-effective option for cooking.
How Do I Prepare Fried Chicken Flour?
1. Wash the chicken, then pat it dry with paper towels.
2. Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a large bowl.
3. Add the chicken to the flour mixture and toss to coat.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
7. Serve the chicken hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
What Are Some Common Recipes That Use Fried Chicken Flour?
Some common recipes that use fried chicken flour include fried chicken, chicken fried steak, and chicken fried pork chops.
Fried chicken is a classic Southern dish that is made with seasoned flour. The chicken is dipped in flour, then in an egg wash, and then back in the flour before it is fried. The flour coating helps to create a crispy crust on the chicken.
Chicken fried steak is a dish that is made with a thin cut of beef, such as round steak or cube steak. The steak is dipped in flour, then in an egg wash, and then back in the flour before it is fried. The flour coating helps to create a crispy crust on the steak.
Chicken fried pork chops are similar to chicken fried steak, but they are made with pork chops instead of steak. The pork chops are dipped in flour, then in an egg wash, and then back in the flour before they are fried. The flour coating helps to create a crispy crust on the pork chops.
All of these dishes are made with fried chicken flour, which can be purchased at most grocery stores or made at home by blending all-purpose flour with spices such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
Can I Substitute Fried Chicken Flour For Regular Flour?
Substituting fried chicken flour for regular flour is possible, but the results may not be what you expect. Fried chicken flour is a type of flour that is specifically formulated for use in making fried chicken. It contains ingredients that help to create a crispy coating on the chicken, such as rice flour and cornstarch. Substituting fried chicken flour for regular flour will result in a different texture and flavor, and it may not be as crispy. However, it can still be used as a substitute in a pinch.
To make fried chicken using regular flour, simply substitute the same amount of fried chicken flour for the regular flour in the recipe. You may need to adjust the seasoning to compensate for the different flavor, and you may need to fry the chicken a little longer to get it crispy.
Alternatively, you can make your own fried chicken flour by combining equal parts of rice flour, cornstarch, and all-purpose flour. This will give you a similar texture and flavor to fried chicken flour, and it can be used in any recipe that calls for fried chicken flour.
Are There Any Risks Associated With Using Fried Chicken Flour?
Yes, there are risks associated with using fried chicken flour. Fried chicken flour is typically made from wheat flour, which is high in carbohydrates and can contribute to weight gain if consumed in large quantities. Additionally, fried foods in general are high in fat and calories, and can contribute to heart disease and other health problems if consumed regularly. It is important to eat fried chicken flour in moderation and as part of a healthy, balanced diet.
In conclusion, fried chicken flour is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes, from fried chicken to biscuits. It’s a simple way to add flavor and texture to your cooking, and it’s sure to become a favorite in your kitchen. So, go ahead and try some fried chicken flour today!