Chicken Parmesan is one of those dishes that have your back when you’re not sure what to make for dinner. It’s simple, it’s delicious, and you can serve it with a variety of side dishes.
What Does Chicken Parmesan Go With?
Chicken Parmesan is a popular dish that is usually served with pasta. The dish consists of breaded and fried chicken breasts that are topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. It is often garnished with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Chicken Parmesan is a delicious and filling meal that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. It is also a great choice for a special occasion, such as a dinner party or holiday meal.
When serving Chicken Parmesan, it is important to choose the right side dishes. Some good options include:
1. Pasta: Chicken Parmesan is traditionally served with pasta. You can use any type of pasta that you like, such as spaghetti, linguine, or penne.
2. Salad: A salad is a healthy and refreshing side dish that goes well with Chicken Parmesan. You can use a tossed salad, Caesar salad, or a Greek salad.
3. Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables are a delicious and nutritious side dish that goes well with Chicken Parmesan. You can use any vegetables that you like, such as broccoli, cauliflower, or zucchini.
4. Garlic bread: Garlic bread is a delicious and comforting side dish that goes well with Chicken Parmesan. You can use store-bought garlic bread or make your own.
No matter what side dishes you choose to serve with Chicken Parmesan, you are sure to have a delicious and satisfying meal.
What Is The Best Side Dish To Serve With Chicken Parmesan?
- 1. Roasted vegetables – such as broccoli, bell peppers, and carrots – are a healthy and delicious side dish that pairs well with chicken parmesan.
- 2. Garlic bread is a classic accompaniment to chicken parmesan, and it’s easy to make at home.
- 3. A simple green salad with a light vinaigrette dressing is a refreshing side dish that goes well with chicken parmesan.
- 4. Baked potatoes are a versatile side dish that can be topped with a variety of toppings, such as cheese, sour cream, and bacon.
- 5. Pasta – such as spaghetti or linguine – is a classic side dish that pairs well with chicken parmesan.
What Are Some Other Italian Dishes That Go Well With Chicken Parmesan?
1. Spaghetti and Meatballs: This is a classic Italian dish that pairs well with chicken Parmesan. The meatballs are savory and flavorful, and the spaghetti is the perfect vehicle for the tomato sauce.
2. Fettuccine Alfredo: This rich and creamy pasta dish is a great complement to chicken Parmesan. The sauce is light and creamy, and it’s the perfect contrast to the crispy chicken.
3. Caprese Salad: This salad is made with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. It’s light and refreshing, and it goes perfectly with the flavors of chicken Parmesan.
4. Minestrone Soup: This hearty soup is made with a variety of vegetables, beans, and pasta. It’s filling and comforting, and it goes perfectly with the flavors of chicken Parmesan.
5. Tiramisu: This classic Italian dessert is made with layers of espresso-soaked ladyfingers, mascarpone cheese, and cocoa powder. It’s light and creamy, and it goes perfectly with the flavors of chicken Parmesan.
So, if you’re looking for a great meal to pair with chicken Parmesan, try one of these Italian dishes. They’re sure to please your taste buds!
Can You Make Chicken Parmesan Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make chicken parmesan ahead of time. In fact, making it ahead of time can actually improve its flavor. Here’s a step-by-step guide to making chicken parmesan ahead of time:
1. Prepare the chicken: Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half horizontally to make thinner cutlets. Pound the cutlets to an even thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
2. Marinate the chicken: In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, minced garlic, dried herbs (such as basil, oregano, and parsley), salt, and pepper. Brush the marinade onto the chicken and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Prepare the breading station: Set up three shallow dishes or bowls. In the first dish, add all-purpose flour. In the second dish, beat two eggs with a splash of water or milk. In the third dish, add panko bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
4. Bread the chicken: Working with one cutlet at a time, dredge it in the flour, shaking off any excess. Next, dip it in the egg mixture, allowing the excess to drip off.
What Are Some Variations On Chicken Parmesan?
Chicken Parmesan is a classic dish that is known for its crispy breaded chicken, flavorful tomato sauce, and melted cheese. While traditional Chicken Parmesan is always delicious, there are also several variations that you can try to change things up.
One popular variation is Chicken Parmesan Rollatini, where the chicken is rolled up with cheese and other ingredients, such as spinach or ham, and then breaded and fried. This variation creates a fun and interactive dish that is perfect for entertaining.
Another variation is Chicken Parmesan Sliders, which are similar to traditional sliders, but use chicken instead of beef. These sliders are easy to make and can be served as a fun appetizer or snack.
If you’re looking for something healthier, you can try Baked Chicken Parmesan. This version uses chicken breasts instead of chicken cutlets and is baked instead of fried. It still has all of the great flavors of traditional Chicken Parmesan, but is lower in fat and calories.
For an extra kick, you can try Buffalo Chicken Parmesan. This version uses buffalo sauce instead of tomato sauce and blue cheese instead of mozzarella. It is spicy and flavorful and is perfect for those who like a little heat.
No matter what variation you choose, Chicken Parmesan is always a delicious and satisfying meal. So don’t be afraid to experiment and try something new!
Can You Make Chicken Parmesan In The Slow Cooker?
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then coat it with flour. This will help the chicken brown in the slow cooker.
2. Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and brown it on both sides.
3. Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker.
4. Add tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese to the slow cooker.
5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
6. Serve over pasta or rice.
Chicken Parmesan in the slow cooker is delicious and easy to make. Give it a try!
In conclusion, chicken parmesan is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed with a variety of sides. Whether you’re in the mood for something light and refreshing, or hearty and comforting, there’s a perfect accompaniment to this classic Italian dish. So go ahead and experiment with different side dishes until you find your favorite combination!