Orange chicken is a classic Chinese-American dish that’s easy to make at home. But sometimes, you end up with leftovers that you need to heat up. If you’re wondering how to reheat orange chicken on the stove, don’t worry – it’s simple! Just follow these steps, and you’ll have delicious, piping-hot orange chicken in no time.
How To Reheat Orange Chicken On Stove
While it’s not the healthiest option, sometimes you just crave that delicious orange chicken from your favorite Chinese restaurant. But if you’ve ordered too much or got leftovers, you need to know how to reheat it. So, how to reheat orange chicken on the stove?
It’s not as simple as reheating a slice of pizza. Chicken is a delicate meat that requires careful handling. If you don’t do it right, you’ll end up with dry, tasteless orange chicken.
Here’s how to reheat orange chicken on the stove.
Reheating Orange Chicken on the Stove
You’ll need a few things:
* A pot or saucepan
* A lid
* A microwave-safe plate
Step 1: Prepare the Pot
Pour enough water into the pot to cover the bottom. The water should not touch the chicken.
Step 2: Place the Chicken in the Pot
Place the chicken pieces in the pot. Make sure they are not on top of each other.
Step 3: Cover the Pot
Cover the pot with a lid. This will help keep the heat in and prevent the chicken from drying out.
Step 4: Heat the Pot
Turn on the stove to medium heat. Allow the pot to heat up until the water begins to boil.
Step 5: Cook the Chicken
Once the water begins to boil, turn the heat down to low. Let the chicken simmer for about 10 minutes.
Step 6: Check the Chicken
After 10 minutes, remove the lid and check the temperature of the chicken. It should be hot all the way through. If it’s not, cook it for another few minutes.
Step 7: Remove the Chicken
Using tongs, carefully remove the chicken from the pot and place it on a serving plate.
Step 8: Serve
Serve the orange chicken hot.
Reheating Orange Chicken in the Microwave
You can reheat orange chicken in the microwave, but it’s a little trickier.
What Is The Best Way To Reheat Orange Chicken?
- 1. Use an oven: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
- 2. Use a stovetop: Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- 3. Use a microwave oven: Place the orange chicken in a microwave-safe dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
- 4. Use a slow cooker: Place the orange chicken in a slow cooker, cover, and cook on low for 2-3 hours, or until heated through.
- 5. Use a toaster oven: Preheat your toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the chicken for 10-12 minutes, or until heated through.
How Long Does Orange Chicken Last In The Fridge?
Orange chicken is a popular Chinese-American dish consisting of crispy fried chicken coated in a sweet and tangy orange sauce. It’s often served at Chinese restaurants, but it’s also easy to make at home.
But how long does orange chicken last in the fridge?
Well, the answer depends on a few factors.
First, let’s talk about the sauce. The sauce is usually made with orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch. The sauce can last in the fridge for up to a week if stored in an airtight container.
As for the chicken, it lasts for about 3-4 days in the fridge. Again, make sure to store it in an airtight container.
When you’re ready to eat the orange chicken, just reheat it in the microwave or oven until it’s hot.
Orange chicken is a great dish to make ahead and have on hand for busy weeknights. Just make a big batch on the weekend and store it in the fridge. Then, you can reheat it throughout the week for a quick and delicious meal.
So, how long does orange chicken last in the fridge? It depends on how you store it, but it should last for up to a week in the fridge. Enjoy!
Can You Freeze Orange Chicken?
Yes, you can freeze orange chicken. Here are a few simple steps to follow:
1. Prepare the orange chicken according to the recipe and let it cool completely.
2. Place the orange chicken in a freezer-safe container or bag, making sure to remove any excess air before sealing.
3. Label the container with the date and freeze for up to 3 months.
4. When ready to eat, thaw the orange chicken in the refrigerator overnight or in the microwave.
5. Reheat the orange chicken in the oven or microwave until heated through.
It’s important to note that the texture of the orange chicken may be slightly altered after freezing and reheating, but it will still be delicious.
Can You Reheat Orange Chicken In The Microwave?
Yes, you can reheat orange chicken in the microwave. It’s a quick and easy way to enjoy your favorite meal.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Place your orange chicken in a microwave-safe bowl or container.
2. Add a splash of water, chicken broth, or sauce to the bowl, just enough to cover the chicken.
3. Cover the bowl with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap.
4. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
5. Let the chicken sit for 1-2 minutes, then enjoy!
Note: It’s important to use a microwave-safe bowl and to cover it, as microwaves can cause food to splatter. It’s also a good idea to let the chicken sit for 1-2 minutes after microwaving, as it will be very hot.
Can You Reheat Orange Chicken In The Oven?
Yes, it is possible to reheat orange chicken in the oven. However, it is important to note that the texture and flavor of the chicken may be altered slightly. To reheat orange chicken in the oven, follow these steps:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the orange chicken in an oven-safe dish or on a baking sheet.
3. Cover the dish or baking sheet with aluminum foil.
4. Bake the orange chicken for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
5. Remove the chicken from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
It is important to make sure that the chicken is heated all the way through before serving. You can test the temperature of the chicken with a food thermometer to ensure that it is at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
It is also a good idea to check the orange chicken frequently while it is reheating in the oven. If you notice that the chicken is starting to dry out, you can cover the dish or baking sheet with foil again to prevent further drying.
Overall, reheating orange chicken in the oven is a safe and effective way to enjoy this delicious dish.
In a nutshell
In conclusion, the stove is the best way to reheat orange chicken. The oven takes longer and doesn’t always cook the chicken all the way through. The microwave can overcook the chicken and make it tough. The stovetop is quick and easy, and it always results in juicy, flavorful chicken.