Chicken satay is a popular dish in Southeast Asian cuisine. It’s a marinated and grilled skewered chicken served with a flavorful peanut sauce. Marinating the chicken is key for infusing it with flavor and making it tender. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to marinate chicken satay like a pro. We’ll share tips and tricks for getting the most flavor out of your marinade and for grilling the chicken to perfection. So, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced cook, this blog post is for you. Let’s get started!
How To Marinate Chicken Satay
1 lb chicken thigh, cut into strips
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup fish sauce
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/4 cup minced ginger
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1. Cut the chicken thigh into strips and place them in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, and cilantro.
3. Pour the marinade over the chicken and stir to coat.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
5. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
6. Thread the chicken onto skewers and grill for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
7. Serve the chicken satay with the chopped peanuts on top.
* You can also bake the chicken satay in the oven at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
* This recipe makes enough for 4-6 servings.
* You can adjust the amounts of the ingredients to suit your taste.
* The chicken satay can be served as an appetizer or as a main dish.
How Long Should I Marinate Chicken Satay?
- Marinate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for a stronger flavor.
- Use skewers to hold the chicken in place while it cooks.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken satay with peanut sauce for dipping.
What Kind Of Chicken Should I Use For Satay?
What should I use chicken for satay?
(This content was created as part of a collaboration with Sam’s Club.)
This chicken satay recipe will be your go-to for game day, or any day! It’s super simple to make, and the chicken is tender and flavorful.
For this recipe, you will need:
– Chicken breasts
– Red curry paste
– Soy sauce
– Peanut butter
– Bamboo skewers
Begin by marinating the chicken. Cut the chicken into thin strips and mix it with the curry paste, soy sauce, honey, and peanut butter. Let this sit for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if you have the time.
When you’re ready to cook, heat some oil in a skillet or grill pan. Thread the chicken onto the skewers, and grill for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve the chicken satay with your favorite dipping sauce. I like to make a peanut sauce by mixing peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, and water to desired consistency.
This chicken satay recipe is so easy and delicious, and it’s sure to be a hit at your next party.
Can I Freeze Chicken Satay After It Has Been Marinated?
Yes, you can freeze chicken satay after it has been marinated. Simply place the satay on a baking sheet and place it in the freezer for about 2 hours, or until the satay is frozen solid. Then, transfer the frozen satay to a freezer-safe container or bag and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you are ready to eat the satay, you can thaw it in the refrigerator overnight or cook it from frozen.
What Is The Best Way To Cook Chicken Satay?
Chicken satay is a popular dish in Southeast Asian cuisine. It is made from marinated chicken breast, which is threaded onto skewers and grilled or barbecued. The chicken is usually served with a spicy peanut sauce.
The best way to cook chicken satay is to use a charcoal grill. This will give your chicken a nice smoky flavor. If you don’t have a charcoal grill, you can use a gas grill or a stovetop grill pan.
To marinate the chicken, you can use a simple marinade of soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. You can also add some curry powder or coconut milk to the marinade to give it more flavor.
Once the chicken is marinated, thread it onto skewers and grill it until it is cooked through. The cooking time will depend on how thick your chicken is, but it should take about 10-15 minutes.
Serve the chicken satay with the peanut sauce and some cucumber slices on the side. You can also serve it with rice or noodles.
What Sides Go Well With Chicken Satay?
Chicken satay is a popular dish in Southeast Asian cuisine. It consists of skewered and grilled pieces of chicken, served with a dipping sauce. The dipping sauce is typically made of a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, and chilies.
Chicken satay goes well with a variety of sides. Some popular options include:
1. Rice: Rice is a classic accompaniment to chicken satay. It absorbs the delicious sauce and adds a bit of starch to the meal.
2. Noodles: Noodles are also a common side dish for chicken satay. They complement the tender chicken and the flavorful sauce.
3. Salad: A fresh salad is the perfect accompaniment to chicken satay. It provides a contrasting texture and flavor to the dish.
4. Veggies: Steamed or stir-fried vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, and bell peppers, make a healthy and delicious side dish for chicken satay.
5. Potato wedges: Baked or fried potato wedges are a delicious and filling side for chicken satay.
No matter what sides you choose, chicken satay is a delicious and easy-to-prepare meal that is perfect for any occasion.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, marinating chicken satay can be a fun and easy process, as long as you follow a few simple steps. By choosing the right marinade and allowing it to soak into the meat, you can create a delicious and flavorful dish that will impress your friends and family. So grab your ingredients, fire up the grill, and get cooking!