If you’re a fan of Mexican food, you’ve probably tried enchiladas verdes. These delicious dishes are made with corn tortillas rolled around a filling and covered in a spicy green sauce. While they can be a little bit tricky to make at home, it’s definitely worth the effort.
How To Make Mexican Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
Mexican chicken enchiladas verdes are a favorite meal of mine. They are easy to make and can be made ahead of time. The enchiladas are made with chicken, cheese, and green enchilada sauce.
To make the enchiladas, start by cooking the chicken. You can use any type of chicken, but I like to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Cook the chicken until it is cooked through and shred it.
Next, make the enchilada sauce. To make the sauce, you will need a can of green enchilada sauce, a can of diced green chiles, and a can of diced tomatoes. Mix the sauce, chiles, and tomatoes together in a bowl.
Now, it’s time to assemble the enchiladas. Start by heating the oven to 350 degrees F. Next, take a large flour tortilla and fill it with chicken, cheese, and enchilada sauce. Roll up the tortilla and place it in a baking dish. Repeat this process until you have used up all of the tortillas.
Once you have filled the baking dish with enchiladas, pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of them. Bake the enchiladas for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling.
Mexican chicken enchiladas verdes are a delicious and filling meal. They are easy to make and can be made ahead of time. Try them today!
What Are The Ingredients For Mexican Chicken Enchiladas Verdes?
- Enchiladas Verdes
- * Cooked chicken
- * Tortillas
- * Salsa verde
- * Cheese
- * Onions
- * Cilantro
- * Crema or sour cream
What Are The Steps To Make Mexican Chicken Enchiladas Verdes?
In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cumin, chili powder, and oregano and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and enchilada sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
While the sauce is simmering, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add the black beans, corn, and cilantro to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
To assemble the enchiladas, spoon 1/4 cup of the sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture and roll up. Place the enchiladas seam side down in the baking dish.
Once the enchiladas are all assembled, pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and top with the cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly. Remove from oven and top with sour cream, avocado, and green onions.
What Are Some Variations Or Substitutions For Mexican Chicken Enchiladas Verdes?
Mexican Chicken Enchiladas Verdes are a classic dish that everyone loves. But sometimes, you might want to switch things up and try some variations or substitutions. Here are some ideas:
1. Different proteins: Instead of chicken, you can use beef, pork, or even shrimp.
2. Different sauces: Instead of the green enchilada sauce, you can try a red enchilada sauce or even a creamy white sauce.
3. Different fillings: Instead of just chicken and cheese, you can add vegetables like bell peppers, onions, or zucchini. You can also experiment with different types of cheese, such as cheddar or Monterey Jack.
4. Different toppings: Instead of just cheese and sour cream, you can try adding avocado, tomatoes, or cilantro.
5. Different sides: Instead of just serving enchiladas with rice and beans, you can try serving them with quinoa, corn, or even a salad.
Remember, the key to making delicious enchiladas is to experiment with different flavors and ingredients until you find a combination that you love.
What Are Some Tips For Making Mexican Chicken Enchiladas Verdes?
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cook the chicken. You can either boil it or cook it in a skillet with some oil.
3. Shred the chicken using two forks or a food processor.
4. Mix the chicken with the enchilada sauce.
5. Warm the tortillas in the microwave or oven to make them more pliable.
6. Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture.
7. Roll the tortillas and place them in a baking dish.
8. Top the enchiladas with cheese and bake for about 20 minutes.
9. Serve the enchiladas with sour cream, avocado, and cilantro.
What Are The Benefits Of Making Mexican Chicken Enchiladas Verdes At Home?
Making Mexican Chicken Enchiladas Verdes at home offers a variety of benefits. Firstly, it allows you to customize the dish to your specific tastes and preferences. You can choose the spiciness level of the salsa verde, the fillings you want to use, and the amount of cheese and other toppings you want to include.
Another benefit of making your own enchiladas verdes at home is that you have control over the ingredients. You can use fresh, high-quality ingredients, which can result in a more flavorful and healthier dish.
Additionally, making your own enchiladas verdes at home can be a more cost-effective option than buying them at a restaurant or ordering takeout. You can save money by cooking in bulk and using ingredients that you already have on hand.
Finally, making your own enchiladas verdes at home can be a fun and rewarding experience. It’s a great way to show off your cooking skills, and you can enjoy the fruits of your labor with friends or family.
In conclusion, making Mexican chicken enchiladas verdes is a delicious and rewarding experience. These enchiladas are packed with flavor, making them a perfect meal for any occasion. They are easy to make and can be served as a main dish or as a side dish. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced cook, these enchiladas are sure to impress. Give them a try today!