What To Know
- It is a classic Italian dish that is perfect for a special occasion or for a casual dinner.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, capers, and garlic to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Lemon chicken piccata is a delicious and simple dish, but if you’re looking for some variations on the classic recipe, you’ve come to the right place.
Lemon Chicken Piccata is one of my favorite dishes to make. It’s easy, it’s delicious, and it’s perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion.
How To Make Lemon Chicken Piccata
Lemon Chicken Piccata is a classic Italian dish that is easy to make and tastes delicious. It is made with chicken, lemon, butter, and capers, and is typically served over pasta or rice.
To make Lemon Chicken Piccata, you will need:
* 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon of salt
* 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
* 1/4 cup of olive oil
* 1/2 cup of dry white wine
* 1/2 cup of chicken broth
* 1/4 cup of lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons of butter
* 2 tablespoons of capers
* 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
First, cut the chicken into thin slices. Then, combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture until it is coated.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it is golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside. Add the white wine and chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a boil. Add the lemon juice, butter, capers, and parsley, and stir to combine.
Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer until it is heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve the chicken over the cooked pasta or rice, and spoon the sauce over the top.
Lemon Chicken Piccata is easy to make and tastes delicious. It is a classic Italian dish that is perfect for a special occasion or for a casual dinner.
What Is The History Of Lemon Chicken Piccata?
- Lemon Chicken Piccata is a dish that originated in Italy.
- It became popular in the United States in the 1950s.
- The dish is made with chicken, lemon juice, and capers.
- It is typically served over pasta or rice.
- The dish is easy to make and can be customized to fit any taste.
What Are The Key Ingredients Needed To Make Lemon Chicken Piccata?
Lemon Chicken Piccata is a delicious dish that is perfect for any occasion. The key to making this dish is knowing the right ingredients to use. Here are the key ingredients you need to make Lemon Chicken Piccata:
1. Chicken: You can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs for this dish.
2. Flour: You will need all-purpose flour to coat the chicken before frying.
3. Butter: You will need butter to fry the chicken in.
4. Lemon: You will need fresh lemon juice and lemon zest for this dish.
5. Capers: You will need capers to add a burst of flavor to the dish.
6. Garlic: You will need fresh garlic to add flavor to the dish.
7. Parsley: You will need fresh parsley to garnish the dish.
8. Salt and pepper: You will need salt and pepper to season the chicken.
Once you have these ingredients, you are ready to make Lemon Chicken Piccata. Here are the steps to make the dish:
1. Cut the chicken into thin slices and season with salt and pepper.
2. Dredge the chicken in flour, shaking off any excess.
3. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
5. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
6. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, capers, and garlic to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
What Are Some Variations On The Traditional Lemon Chicken Piccata Recipe?
Lemon chicken piccata is a delicious and simple dish, but if you’re looking for some variations on the classic recipe, you’ve come to the right place. Here are a few ideas for switching things up:
1. Use a different type of protein. Chicken piccata is traditionally made with chicken, but you can swap it out for veal, pork, or even tofu.
2. Try a different sauce. Instead of the traditional lemon and butter sauce, you could experiment with other flavors like white wine, capers, or mushrooms.
3. Add different vegetables. Lemon chicken piccata often includes capers and parsley, but you can add other vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, or bell peppers.
4. Use a non-traditional cooking method. Instead of pan-frying the chicken, you could bake it, grill it, or even cook it in a slow cooker.
5. Play with the presentation. Instead of serving your lemon chicken piccata over pasta, you could serve it over rice, quinoa, or even a bed of spinach.
Whether you’re looking for a healthier option, a different flavor, or just something new to try, these variations on the traditional lemon chicken piccata recipe are sure to inspire you.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Eating Lemon Chicken Piccata?
Lemon chicken piccata is a delicious and healthy dish that offers numerous health benefits. The main ingredient, chicken, is high in protein, which is essential for building and maintaining muscle mass. It is also a good source of B vitamins, which are important for energy production and cognitive function.
The lemon in the dish provides a burst of vitamin C, which is important for immune system health and collagen production. Lemons are also a good source of antioxidants, which can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals.
The capers in the dish provide a good source of fiber, which can help regulate digestion and prevent constipation. Capers are also a good source of antioxidants and vitamin K, which is important for blood clotting and bone strength.
Overall, lemon chicken piccata is a nutritious and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
What Are Some Tips For Cooking Lemon Chicken Piccata?
Lemon chicken piccata is a classic dish that’s easy to make at home. Here are some tips for cooking lemon chicken piccata:
1. Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs.
2. Pound the chicken to an even thickness before cooking.
3. Dredge the chicken in flour before cooking to give it a nice crust.
4. Cook the chicken in a combination of butter and oil.
5. Use fresh lemon juice and zest in the sauce.
6. Add some capers to the sauce to give it a nice tangy flavor.
7. Serve the chicken piccata with pasta or rice.
8. Garnish the chicken with parsley or lemon slices.
By following these tips, you can cook a delicious lemon chicken piccata at home.
A tangy, herby delight awaits your taste buds with every bite of lemon chicken piccata! This classic Italian dish is perfect for a weeknight meal, a special occasion, or even leftovers the next day. The combination of the lemon sauce, the herbs, and the chicken will have your taste buds singing.