Chicken stir fry with noodles is a quick and easy meal that is perfect for busy weeknights. It is also a great way to use up any leftover chicken or vegetables. In this blog post, I will show you how to make chicken stir fry with noodles. It is a healthy and delicious meal that is perfect for the whole family.
How To Make Easy Chicken Stir Fry With Noodles
Chicken Stir Fry is a Chinese-inspired dish that is quick and easy to make. It is perfect for a quick weeknight meal or to serve at a dinner party.
1 chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 red pepper, sliced
1/2 green pepper, sliced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 package stir-fry noodles
1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onion, peppers, and mushrooms.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, sesame oil, cornstarch, and chicken broth.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
4. Add the chicken and vegetables to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Add the stir-fry noodles to the skillet and pour the sauce over the noodles.
6. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and the noodles are heated through.
7. Serve the stir-fry hot, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Chicken Stir Fry with Noodles is a delicious and easy meal that can be made in under 30 minutes. It is full of flavor and is sure to please everyone at your table.
What Are The Best Types Of Noodles To Use In A Stir Fry?
- 1. Egg Noodles: These noodles are a classic choice for stir-fries, as they’re easy to stir-fry and have a neutral flavor that pairs well with most ingredients.
- 2. Rice Noodles: Rice noodles are gluten-free and make a great alternative to wheat-based noodles. They’re also very thin, so they cook quickly.
- 3. Udon Noodles: Udon noodles are thick and chewy, making them perfect for hearty stir-fries. They’re made from wheat flour and are often sold fresh or dried.
- 4. Soba Noodles: Soba noodles are made from buckwheat flour and have a nutty flavor. They’re a good choice for stir-fries with Asian-inspired flavors.
- 5. Ramen Noodles: Ramen noodles are thin and curly, with a firm texture. They’re often sold in packages with seasoning packets, so they’re convenient and easy to use in stir-fries.
Can You Make Chicken Stir Fry With Other Types Of Meat, Such As Beef Or Pork?
Stir fry is a delicious and versatile dish that can be made with different types of meat. While chicken is the most common meat used in stir fry, you can also use beef, pork, or even seafood.
Beef and pork are both great options for stir fry, as they have a similar texture and flavor to chicken. However, it is important to note that beef and pork take longer to cook than chicken, so you will need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
To make beef or pork stir fry, you will need to thinly slice the meat and marinate it in a mixture of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and cornstarch. This will help to tenderize the meat and give it a nice flavor.
Next, you will need to heat some oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the meat and stir fry until it is cooked through. You can also add vegetables, such as bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms, to the pan at this point.
Once the meat is cooked and the vegetables are tender, you can add a sauce to the stir fry. You can use a mixture of soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil, or you can use your favorite stir fry sauce.
Stir fry is a quick and easy dish that can be made with a variety of different meats. So next time you are looking for a quick and easy meal, give beef or pork stir fry a try.
Can You Make Chicken Stir Fry Ahead Of Time And Store It In The Fridge Or Freezer?
Yes, it is possible to make chicken stir fry ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer. However, it is important to note that the storage time may vary depending on the ingredients and the method of preparation.
In general, chicken stir fry can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. To store it, simply place it in an airtight container or sealable bag and keep it in the fridge. Before reheating, it is best to let the stir fry come to room temperature or heat it in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
If you want to store the chicken stir fry in the freezer, it is best to do so in an airtight container or sealable bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Before reheating, it is best to thaw the stir fry in the fridge overnight or heat it in the microwave for a few minutes.
It is important to note that the texture and taste of the chicken stir fry may be affected after freezing and reheating. Therefore, it is best to consume it within a day or two of storing it in the fridge.
Can You Make Chicken Stir Fry In The Oven Instead Of On The Stovetop?
Yes, you can make chicken stir fry in the oven instead of on the stovetop. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
3. Place the chicken in a bowl and coat it with soy sauce, honey, and cornstarch.
4. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil and the chicken, and cook for 3-4 minutes, until browned.
5. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
6. Add the stir fry sauce and stir to coat the chicken and vegetables.
7. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
8. Serve the chicken stir fry over rice or noodles.
Note: Stir fry sauce is available in most grocery stores in the Asian food section. You can also make your own by combining soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and cornstarch.
Can You Make Chicken Stir Fry Using Fresh Vegetables Instead Of Frozen Ones?
Yes, it is possible to make chicken stir fry using fresh vegetables instead of frozen ones. In fact, using fresh vegetables can give the dish a more vibrant taste and texture. Here’s a simple recipe you can follow:
* 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1 tablespoon minced ginger
* 1 cup sliced bell peppers
* 1 cup sliced onions
* 1 cup sliced carrots
* 1 cup sliced broccoli
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and cornstarch. Add the chicken strips and toss to coat.
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil and sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
3. Add the chicken strips and cook for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.
In conclusion, it’s easy to create a delicious chicken stir-fry with noodles, and it’s a great way to add some variety to your meals. So, go ahead and give it a try!