What To Know
- Add the chicken strips to the bowl with the sauce and toss to coat.
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Pour the sauce into a jar or container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Chicken teriyaki is a delicious and iconic dish that can be found in many different restaurants. But if you’re looking for the perfect chicken teriyaki, look no further than Panda Express. Panda Express is known for its amazing Chinese food, and the chicken teriyaki is no exception. In this article, we’ll show you how to make chicken teriyaki like Panda Express.
How To Make Chicken Teriyaki Like Panda Express
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, corn starch, vegetable oil, garlic, ginger, and black pepper.
3. Add the chicken strips to the bowl with the sauce and toss to coat.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the chicken strips. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Serve the chicken teriyaki over rice and enjoy!
1. You can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts if you prefer.
2. You can substitute maple syrup for the honey if you prefer.
3. You can substitute white vinegar for the soy sauce if you prefer.
4. You can substitute orange juice for the water if you prefer.
5. You can substitute vegetable oil for the sesame oil if you prefer.
6. You can substitute dried ginger for the fresh ginger if you prefer.
7. You can substitute garlic powder for the minced garlic if you prefer.
8. You can substitute black pepper for the white pepper if you prefer.
9. You can substitute sesame seeds for the green onions if you prefer.
10. You can substitute rice vinegar for the rice wine vinegar if you prefer.
11. You can substitute soy sauce for the fish sauce if you prefer.
12. You can substitute mirin for the rice wine if you prefer.
13. You can substitute cornstarch for the arrowroot powder if you prefer.
14. You can substitute vegetable oil for the sesame oil if you prefer.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Chicken Teriyaki Like Panda Express?
- Chicken Teriyaki is easy to make at home with only a few ingredients. You will need:
- * Chicken breasts or thighs
- * Soy sauce
- * Mirin
- * Brown sugar
- * Cornstarch
- * Oil for frying
- * Green onions for garnish
- You can find all of these ingredients at your local grocery store. Chicken Teriyaki is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for any occasion.
How Do I Prepare The Chicken For Teriyaki?
Preparing chicken for teriyaki is really easy. Here’s a quick recipe to get you started.
1. Marinate the chicken in a mixture of soy sauce, mirin, and sake.
2. Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat.
4. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, or until it is cooked through.
5. Serve the chicken with teriyaki sauce.
You can also serve the chicken with rice or noodles.
Teriyaki chicken is delicious and easy to make. Give it a try!
How Do I Make The Teriyaki Sauce?
Teriyaki sauce is a popular condiment in Japanese cuisine. It’s easy to make at home with just a few ingredients. Here’s a basic recipe:
* 1 cup soy sauce
* 1/2 cup mirin (rice wine)
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon grated ginger
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, mirin, sugar, garlic, and ginger.
2. Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and let the sauce cool to room temperature.
5. Pour the sauce into a jar or container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
You can use teriyaki sauce as a marinade for meat, poultry, or seafood. It’s also great as a dipping sauce for sushi or stir-fry dishes.
How Do I Cook The Chicken In The Teriyaki Sauce?
To cook the chicken in the teriyaki sauce, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Marinate the chicken in the teriyaki sauce for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat a skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
3. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Serve the chicken with the teriyaki sauce poured over the top.
You can also cook the chicken in the teriyaki sauce in a slow cooker. To do this, you will need to follow these steps:
2. Add the chicken to a slow cooker and pour the teriyaki sauce over the top.
3. Cook the chicken on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
Both methods will result in delicious, flavorful chicken that is cooked in teriyaki sauce.
How Do I Serve The Chicken Teriyaki?
Chicken Teriyaki is a delicious Japanese dish made with chicken, soy sauce, mirin, and other ingredients. It’s often served with steamed rice or noodles. Here’s how to serve it:
1. Prepare the chicken: Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. If you’re using boneless, skinless chicken breasts, slice them into thin strips. If you’re using boneless, skinless chicken thighs, you can leave them whole.
2. Marinate the chicken: In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, mirin, sugar, and ginger. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat. Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Cook the chicken: Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and its marinade to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
4. Serve the chicken teriyaki: Remove the chicken from the heat and stir in the sesame oil. Serve the chicken teriyaki over steamed rice or noodles. You can also garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Chicken Teriyaki is best served hot, but it can also be enjoyed cold as a salad or sandwich filling.
In conclusion, mastering the art of chicken teriyaki may seem daunting, but it’s actually a simple process that’s well worth the effort. By following these easy steps, you can recreate the delicious taste of Panda Express in the comfort of your own home. So gather your ingredients, roll up your sleeves, and get ready to indulge in some mouthwatering chicken teriyaki goodness!