Chicken teriyaki is a dish that originated in Japan. It is made with chicken that is grilled or broiled and then glazed with a sweet soy sauce marinade. The chicken is cut into thin strips and then grilled or broiled. The sauce is made with soy sauce, mirin, and sugar. The chicken is then served over rice.
How To Make Chicken Teriyaki Japanese Style
Teriyaki chicken is a popular Japanese dish. It is made by marinating chicken in a mixture of soy sauce, sake, and sugar, and then grilling or broiling it. The chicken is then brushed with a sweet teriyaki sauce.
To make chicken teriyaki, you will need:
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1/2 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup sake
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/4 cup mirin
* 1/4 cup honey
1. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sake, sugar, garlic powder, ginger, and pepper. Pour the marinade over the chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the water, mirin, and honey. Brush the teriyaki sauce over the chicken, then cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the chicken is nicely glazed.
5. Serve the chicken teriyaki over rice, or with a side of vegetables. Enjoy!
What Is The Traditional Recipe For Chicken Teriyaki?
- Chicken Teriyaki is a dish that originated in Hawaii. It consists of chicken that is marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, sugar, and ginger, and then grilled or broiled. The chicken is usually served over rice, and it is often garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.
- * 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- * 1/4 cup soy sauce
- * 1/4 cup water
- * 1/4 cup sugar
- * 2 cloves garlic, minced
- * 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- * 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- * 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- * 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- * Cooked rice, for serving
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, water, sugar, garlic, and ginger. Add the chicken strips and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
What Are Some Key Ingredients Used To Make Chicken Teriyaki?
Teriyaki is a type of Japanese cooking technique in which food is grilled or broiled with soy sauce, mirin, and sugar. It is a popular dish and there are many different variations of it.
One of the ingredients used to make chicken teriyaki is soy sauce. Soy sauce is a salty, brown sauce that is made from fermented soybeans. It is a common ingredient in Japanese cooking and it adds a rich, savory flavor to dishes.
Another ingredient used to make chicken teriyaki is mirin. Mirin is a sweet rice wine that is commonly used in Japanese cooking. It adds a touch of sweetness to the dish and helps to thicken the sauce.
Sugar is another key ingredient used to make chicken teriyaki. Sugar helps to balance the salty flavor of the soy sauce and adds a touch of sweetness to the dish.
Other ingredients that are sometimes used to make chicken teriyaki include ginger, garlic, and scallions. These ingredients add flavor to the dish and help to round out the flavors.
Chicken teriyaki is a delicious and flavorful dish that is perfect for any occasion. It is easy to make and can be customized to fit any taste.
What Is The Difference Between Chicken Teriyaki And Chicken Katsu?
Chicken teriyaki and chicken katsu are both popular Japanese dishes that can be found in restaurants around the world. While both dishes are made with chicken, there are some key differences between the two.
Chicken teriyaki is a dish in which chicken is marinated in a sweet soy sauce-based sauce and then grilled or broiled. The sauce is typically made with soy sauce, mirin (a sweet rice wine), sugar, and other ingredients. The chicken is typically served over rice or noodles and garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.
Chicken katsu, on the other hand, is a dish in which chicken is breaded and fried. The chicken is typically dipped in an egg wash and then dredged in panko breadcrumbs before frying. The chicken is typically served with a sweet-and-sour sauce or a curry sauce.
In terms of flavor, chicken teriyaki is sweeter and more tangy, while chicken katsu is savory and crispy. Both dishes are delicious and worth a try, depending on your personal preference.
What Is The Best Way To Marinate Chicken For Teriyaki?
Marinating chicken for teriyaki is a simple process that involves only a few ingredients. The marinade usually consists of soy sauce, sake, mirin, and sugar. You can also add ginger and garlic for some extra flavor.
The best way to marinate chicken for teriyaki is to put it in a resealable bag or container with the marinade. You can let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but it’s better if you can leave it overnight.
When you’re ready to cook the chicken, you can grill it, bake it, or pan-fry it. It’s best to cook the chicken until it’s cooked through and has a nice char on the outside.
Serving the chicken with rice, vegetables, and a drizzle of teriyaki sauce is the traditional way to eat it. You can also serve it with noodles or on a salad.
What Is The Best Way To Cook Chicken Teriyaki?
The best way to cook chicken teriyaki is to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes to an hour. Then, heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add a little bit of oil to the pan and then add the chicken. Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes per side, or until it is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and allow it to rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving. To make the teriyaki sauce, whisk together soy sauce, honey, mirin, and cornstarch. Cook the sauce in the same pan that you cooked the chicken in, over medium heat, until it has thickened. Then, return the chicken to the pan and coat it with the sauce. Serve the chicken teriyaki over rice or noodles.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, mastering the art of chicken teriyaki can take time and practice, but it’s well worth the effort. By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to create a delicious and flavorful dish that will satisfy your taste buds and impress your friends and family. So gather your ingredients, fire up the stove, and get ready to cook up an authentic Japanese masterpiece. Good luck and happy cooking!