What To Know
- How Do I Prepare The Chicken For The Tacos.
- So next time you’re in the mood for tacos, give chicken a try.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, salt, pepper, and any other spices you want to use.
Chicken tacos are a classic Mexican dish that is easy to make at home. You can use store-bought taco seasoning or make your own at home. In this blog post, we will show you how to make chicken tacos using taco seasoning. We will also provide you with a recipe for making your own taco seasoning. So, let’s get started!
How To Make Chicken Tacos Using Taco Seasoning
The beauty of chicken tacos is that they can be incredibly versatile. You can serve them with rice, lettuce, or even eat them plain. But the best part about chicken tacos is that they’re easy to make!
1 lb of chicken (boneless, skinless)
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of corn meal
1 tsp of ground cumin
1 tsp of ground coriander
1 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of onion powder
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of black pepper
1. In a medium bowl, combine vegetable oil, flour, corn meal, cumin, coriander, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides.
3. Add taco seasoning mixture to chicken and cook until chicken is cooked through.
4. Serve chicken in tacos with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
Note: You can also use ground beef instead of chicken.
What Other Ingredients Do I Need To Make Chicken Tacos?
- Chicken Tacos are a delicious and easy-to-make meal.
How Do I Prepare The Chicken For The Tacos?
Preparing the chicken for the tacos is simple and easy. All you need is some boneless, skinless chicken breasts, taco seasoning, and oil.
First, cut the chicken breasts into thin strips. Then, place them in a bowl and drizzle with oil. Next, sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken and toss to coat.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Once the chicken is cooked, you can use it in tacos, burritos, or any other Mexican dish. It’s a great way to add some protein to your tacos and make them more filling.
You can also use chicken thighs instead of breasts. Just follow the same steps and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Chicken is a versatile meat that goes well with many different flavors and ingredients. It’s perfect for tacos because it absorbs the flavors of the sauces and toppings that you use.
So next time you’re in the mood for tacos, give chicken a try. It’s delicious and easy to make.
How Long Does It Take To Make Chicken Tacos?
Making chicken tacos is a relatively simple process. Depending on the size of your chicken, it should take about 20-30 minutes to cook. Here are the basic steps:
1. Prepare the chicken: Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. You can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs.
2. Marinate the chicken: In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, salt, pepper, and any other spices you want to use. Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Cook the chicken: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until it’s no longer pink.
4. Prepare the toppings: While the chicken is cooking, prepare the toppings. Chop the lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Shred the cheese.
5. Warm the tortillas: Heat the tortillas in the microwave or oven.
6. Assemble the tacos: Place the chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and cheese in the tortillas.
7. Serve: Enjoy!
Note that you can also make chicken tacos with pre-cooked chicken.
What Are Some Ways To Serve Chicken Tacos?
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the chicken on a baking sheet. Brush with melted butter or oil. Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Slice the chicken into thin strips.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from the the grill and let cool slightly. Slice the chicken into thin strips.
Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from the skillet and let cool slightly. Slice the chicken into thin strips.
4. Slow Cooker:
Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Pour in a can of enchilada sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. Remove from the slow cooker and let cool slightly. Slice the chicken into thin strips.
What Are Some Variations I Can Make To The Basic Chicken Taco Recipe?
Basic chicken tacos are a popular meal choice, but they can get boring after a while. Here are some variations you can make to the basic chicken taco recipe:
1. Spicy Chicken Tacos: Add a dash of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the chicken marinade to give it some heat. You can also serve these tacos with hot sauce or salsa for an added kick.
2. Grilled Chicken Tacos: Instead of frying the chicken, you can grill it to give it a nice, smoky flavor.
3. Blackened Chicken Tacos: Coat the chicken in a blackening spice mix before frying or grilling it. This will give your tacos a nice Cajun flavor.
4. Grilled Corn and Avocado Tacos: Add some grilled corn and avocado to your chicken tacos for a sweet and savory twist.
5. Chicken and Pineapple Tacos: Add diced pineapple to your chicken tacos for a sweet and tangy flavor.
6. Chicken and Mango Tacos: Add diced mango to your chicken tacos for a sweet and tropical flavor.
7. Chicken and Black Bean Tacos: Add black beans to your chicken tacos for a protein-rich and filling variation.
In conclusion, making chicken tacos using taco seasoning is a quick and easy way to bring authentic Mexican flavors to your dinner table. With just a few simple steps, you can impress your friends and family with a delicious and hearty meal. So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!