Chicken breast is a great source of protein and can be used in a variety of dishes. In this blog post, we will discuss how to make chicken tacos using chicken breast. Chicken breast is a healthy and versatile meat that can be used in a variety of dishes.
How To Make Chicken Tacos Using Chicken Breast
Chicken tacos are a popular Mexican food. They are made with shredded chicken, cilantro, onions, and tomatoes. They are often served with corn tortillas.
To make chicken tacos, you will need:
* 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast
* 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon of salt
* 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon of chili powder
* 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon of onion powder
* 1/2 cup of chicken broth
* 1/2 cup of salsa
* 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
* 1/2 cup of chopped onion
* 1/2 cup of chopped tomato
* 1 package of corn tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cut chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
3. In a large bowl, mix together vegetable oil, salt, black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder.
4. Add chicken to the bowl and toss to coat.
5. Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
6. While the chicken is baking, mix chicken broth and salsa together in a saucepan.
7. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Remove chicken from the oven and shred it using two forks.
9. Add the shredded chicken to the saucepan with the chicken broth and salsa.
10. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
11. Place corn tortillas on a plate and microwave for 30 seconds.
12. Fill each tortilla with chicken, cheddar cheese, cilantro, onion, and tomato.
What Is The Best Type Of Chicken Breast To Use For Tacos?
- Chicken thighs
- Chicken tenders
- Chicken wings
- Chicken legs
How Do I Prepare Chicken Breast For Tacos?
Tacos are one of my go-to meals. They are easy to make, can be customized to fit any taste, and are always delicious.
One thing to consider when making tacos is what type of meat to use. While ground beef is a popular choice, chicken is also a great option.
To prepare chicken breasts for tacos, start by trimming any excess fat or skin from the chicken. Then, cut the chicken into thin strips.
Next, season the chicken with salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings. I like to season my chicken with cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder.
Once the chicken is seasoned, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until it is cooked through and no longer pink.
Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet and set it aside.
Then, heat the tortillas. I like to use a cast iron skillet to heat my tortillas, but you can also use a microwave or oven.
Once the tortillas are heated, it’s time to assemble the tacos.
Start by adding some of the cooked chicken to the tortilla. Then, top the chicken with your desired toppings.
Some of my favorite toppings for chicken tacos include lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and sour cream.
Finally, fold the tortilla in half and enjoy!
Chicken tacos are an easy and delicious meal that is perfect for any occasion. So next time you are looking for a quick meal, give chicken tacos a try.
How Do I Cook Chicken Breast For Tacos?
Chicken breast for tacos can turn out dry if overcooked. For tender and juicy meat, follow these tips:
First, butterfly the chicken breast. Then, pound it lightly with a meat mallet to an even thickness. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, and when the oil is hot, add the chicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is golden brown.
Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it rest for a few minutes. Then, cut it into thin strips.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave or in a skillet. Fill each tortilla with chicken, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, and any other toppings you like.
For a tasty variation, try adding your favorite taco seasoning to the chicken before cooking. You can also experiment with different cooking methods, such as grilling or baking.
What Are Some Popular Toppings For Chicken Tacos?
Chicken tacos are a popular and versatile dish that can be topped with a variety of flavorful ingredients. Some popular toppings for chicken tacos include:
1. Salsa: A fresh tomato-based salsa adds a tangy, spicy kick to chicken tacos.
2. Avocado: Avocado adds a creamy texture and a mild, nutty flavor to chicken tacos.
3. Sour cream: Sour cream provides a cooling contrast to the spicy chicken and provides a nice balance to the flavors.
4. Lettuce: Crisp lettuce adds a refreshing crunch to chicken tacos.
5. Cheese: Shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese adds a nice cheesy flavor to chicken tacos.
6. Cilantro: Cilantro adds a bright, fresh flavor to chicken tacos.
7. Onions: Diced onions add a savory, crunchy texture to chicken tacos.
8. Tomatoes: Diced tomatoes add a fresh, acidic flavor to chicken tacos.
9. Jalapenos: Diced jalapenos add a spicy kick to chicken tacos.
How Do I Assemble Chicken Tacos?
To assemble chicken tacos, start by heating the tortillas. You can do this by placing them directly over the flame of a gas stove or electric stove, or by using a microwave. Place the tortillas on a plate, cover them with a damp paper towel, and heat them for about 30 seconds.
Next, heat the chicken. You can either use a stovetop or microwave to heat the chicken. If using a stovetop, heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add the chicken, and cook until it’s heated through. If using a microwave, place the chicken in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it for about 30 seconds.
Once the chicken is heated, it’s time to add the toppings. Start by spreading a layer of sour cream or guacamole on the tortilla. Then, add the chicken, followed by lettuce, tomatoes, and any other toppings you like. Finally, drizzle some salsa or hot sauce on top and enjoy!
In conclusion, making chicken tacos using chicken breast is a simple and flavorful way to enjoy a classic Mexican dish. By following these easy steps, you can create a delicious and filling meal that will please your taste buds and leave you and your guests asking for more. So gather your ingredients, fire up the stove, and get ready to experience the magic of chicken tacos!