Chicken Tacos Dorados, or golden fried tacos, are the perfect addition to any fiesta. They are easy to make and can be customized to fit any taste. In this blog post, we will teach you how to make chicken tacos dorados at home. We will start by making the taco filling, then we will fry the tacos, and finally we will assemble them. So, let’s get started!
How To Make Chicken Tacos Dorados
1. Marinate chicken with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of oregano, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
5. In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
6. Add 1/2 cup of chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until onion is softened.
7. Add 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until green pepper is softened.
8. Add 1/2 cup of chopped red bell pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until red bell pepper is softened.
9. Add 1/2 cup of chopped yellow bell pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until yellow bell pepper is softened.
10. Add 1/2 cup of chopped tomato and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until tomato is softened.
11. Add 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until cilantro is wilted.
12. Add 1/2 cup of salsa and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until salsa is heated through.
13. Add chicken back to skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until chicken is heated through.
14. To serve, place chicken mixture in warm tortillas and top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and avocado slices.
What Are The Ingredients Needed To Make Chicken Tacos Dorados?
- 1. Chicken breasts
- 2. Flour tortillas
- 3. Vegetable oil
- 4. Salsa
How Do You Prepare The Ingredients Needed To Make Chicken Tacos Dorados?
Chicken tacos dorados are a Mexican dish that are popular for their crispy, golden exterior and flavorful filling. To prepare these tacos, you will need the following ingredients:
1. Chicken breast: You can use boneless, skinless chicken breast for this recipe.
2. Flour: You will need all-purpose flour to coat the chicken before frying.
3. Oil: You can use any type of oil with a high smoke point, such as canola or vegetable oil.
4. Taco seasoning: You can use store-bought taco seasoning or make your own by combining chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
5. Cheese: You will need shredded cheese, such as cheddar or Monterey Jack, for the filling.
6. Lettuce: You will need shredded lettuce for the filling.
7. Tomato: You will need diced tomato for the filling.
8. Avocado: You will need diced avocado for the filling.
9. Salsa: You will need your favorite salsa for the filling.
10. Tortillas: You will need corn tortillas for this recipe.
1. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
2. Season the chicken with the taco seasoning.
3. Coat the chicken in the flour.
4. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
5. Fry the chicken in the oil until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
7. Warm the tortillas in the microwave or in the oven.
What Are The Steps Involved In Making Chicken Tacos Dorados?
Making chicken tacos dorados is a delicious and relatively easy dish. Here are the steps involved in making it:
1. Marinate the chicken: First, marinate the chicken in a flavorful mixture of spices, such as chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Cook the chicken: Heat some oil in a pan and cook the chicken until it is fully cooked.
3. Prepare the tortillas: While the chicken is cooking, you can prepare the tortillas. Heat some oil in a pan and cook the tortillas until they are soft.
4. Fill the tortillas: Once the chicken is cooked and the tortillas are ready, you can fill the tortillas with the chicken.
5. Roll the tortillas: Roll the tortillas tightly around the chicken.
6. Fry the tacos: Heat some oil in a pan and fry the tacos until they are golden brown.
7. Serve: Serve the tacos with toppings such as salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.
Making chicken tacos dorados is a fun and easy dish that is perfect for any occasion.
What Type Of Chicken Is Best For Making Chicken Tacos Dorados?
When it comes to making chicken tacos dorados, there are several different types of chicken that you can choose from. However, certain types may be better than others depending on the flavors and textures that you want to achieve.
One popular option for making chicken tacos dorados is chicken breasts. Chicken breasts are lean and mild in flavor, making them a versatile option for this dish. They are also easy to cook and shred, making them a convenient choice for tacos dorados.
Another option for chicken tacos dorados is chicken thighs. Chicken thighs are darker and fattier than chicken breasts, which means that they can be quite flavorful. They are also less expensive than chicken breasts, making them a more budget-friendly option.
Ultimately, the best type of chicken for making chicken tacos dorados will depend on personal preference. Some people may prefer the mildness of chicken breasts, while others may prefer the richer flavor of chicken thighs. Experiment with both options to see which one you prefer.
Can You Make Chicken Tacos Dorados Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make chicken tacos dorados ahead of time. Chicken tacos dorados are a type of Mexican taco made by deep-frying corn tortillas filled with chicken and cheese. They can be made in advance and reheated in the oven or microwave.
To store chicken tacos dorados, place them in a resealable plastic bag or container with a paper towel or napkin to absorb any excess oil. They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat chicken tacos dorados, place them in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes, or in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
When reheating chicken tacos dorados, it’s important to keep an eye on them so they don’t overcook and become dry. You may want to sprinkle them with a little water before reheating to help them stay moist.
Overall, chicken tacos dorados are a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be made ahead of time and reheated for a quick meal.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, chicken tacos dorados are a delectable Mexican dish that packs a flavorful punch. By following the simple recipe outlined in this blog post, you can prepare this iconic meal in the comfort of your own home. Invite some friends over, gather around the dinner table, and enjoy a fiesta of flavors with chicken tacos dorados. Buen provecho!