Hey there! If you’re in the mood for a quick and easy meal that’s full of flavor, look no further than chicken stir fry with just soy sauce. This classic dish is a go-to for busy weeknights, and it’s sure to please the whole family. Plus, it’s versatile – you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand, and you can even add in some protein like shrimp or beef if you’d like. Let’s get started!
How To Make Chicken Stir Fry With Just Soy Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup snap peas
1 cup sugar snap peas
1 cup snow peas
1 cup sliced baby bok choy
1 cup sliced water chestnuts
1. In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the cornstarch to coat.
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, water, honey, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt.
5. Pour the soy sauce mixture into the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
What Other Ingredients Do I Need To Make Chicken Stir Fry?
- 1. Chicken breast or thighs – cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2. Bell peppers – any color, sliced
- 3. Broccoli or snow peas – fresh or frozen
- 4. Mushrooms – sliced
How Long Does It Take To Make Chicken Stir Fry?
Chicken stir fry is a delicious and easy-to-make meal. However, if you are new to cooking, you may be curious about how long it takes to make chicken stir fry. In this article, we will explore the answer to this question.
Chicken stir fry is typically made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. These chicken breasts are typically cut into thin strips or cubes. The chicken is then stir-fried in a wok or skillet with vegetables, such as bell peppers, onions, and broccoli.
So, how long does it take to make chicken stir fry? The answer is that it depends on a few factors. First, it depends on the size of the chicken breasts. Smaller chicken breasts will cook more quickly than larger chicken breasts. Second, it depends on the temperature of the wok or skillet. A hot wok or skillet will cook the chicken more quickly. Third, it depends on the number of vegetables that you are adding to the stir fry. The more vegetables you add, the longer it will take to cook the stir fry.
On average, it takes about 15-20 minutes to make chicken stir fry. However, it may take more or less time depending on your specific ingredients and the cooking method that you use.
In conclusion, chicken stir fry is a delicious and easy-to-make meal. It typically takes 15-20 minutes to make, but it may take more or less time depending on your specific ingredients and the cooking method that you use.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Eating Chicken Stir Fry?
Chicken stir fry is a delicious and healthy meal. Here are the health benefits of eating chicken stir fry:
1. Protein: Chicken is a good source of protein, which is essential for building and maintaining muscle. It also helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied after eating.
2. Fat: Chicken is a lean source of protein, which means it is low in fat. Eating chicken stir fry can help you to maintain a healthy weight and reduce your risk of heart disease.
3. Vitamins and minerals: Chicken stir fry is a good source of various vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins, iron, and zinc. These nutrients are important for maintaining good health.
4. Bone health: Chicken stir fry contains phosphorus, which is important for maintaining strong bones. Eating chicken stir fry can help you to prevent osteoporosis and other bone-related problems.
5. Heart health: Chicken stir fry is a good source of the amino acid carnitine, which is important for heart health. Eating chicken stir fry can help you to maintain healthy cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of heart disease.
Overall, chicken stir fry is a delicious and nutritious meal that can benefit your health in many ways.
What Are Some Side Dishes That Go Well With Chicken Stir Fry?
Chicken stir fry is a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed with a variety of side dishes. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Steamed white rice: A classic pairing for chicken stir fry, steamed white rice provides a light, fluffy base to soak up the flavorful sauce.
2. Vegetable stir-fry: For a complete meal, try serving your chicken stir fry with a side of vegetable stir-fry. Choose a mix of colorful and nutritious vegetables, such as bell peppers, broccoli, and snap peas, and stir-fry them in the same pan as your chicken for added flavor and texture.
3. Noodles: Noodles, such as lo mein or chow mein, are another great option. Cook them according to the package instructions and toss them with your chicken stir fry for a hearty and satisfying meal.
4. Salad: For a light and nutritious side dish, serve your chicken stir fry with a salad. Choose a salad with a mix of greens, such as romaine lettuce, spinach, and arugula, and top it with your favorite salad toppings, such as cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots.
5. Sweet and sour sauce: If you want to add a little sweetness to your chicken stir fry, try serving it with a side of sweet and sour sauce.
How Can I Make Chicken Stir Fry With Just Soy Sauce If I Have Dietary Restrictions?
Chicken stir fry with soy sauce is a healthy, easy, and quick meal. It is also quite versatile, as you can use chicken, beef, or pork.
To make chicken stir fry with soy sauce, you will need:
1. 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast
2. 1/4 cup of soy sauce
3. 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
4. 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
5. 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
6. 1/2 cup of chopped onion
7. 1/2 cup of chopped bell pepper
8. 1/2 cup of chopped broccoli
9. 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
10. 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
11. 1/2 cup of chopped water chestnuts
12. 1/2 cup of chopped scallions
13. 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts
14. 1/2 cup of chopped pineapple
In conclusion, making chicken stir fry with just soy sauce is not only easy, but it’s also delicious and nutritious. This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal, or for feeding a hungry crowd.