Chicken Souvlaki is a popular Greek dish that can be served as a main course or as a delicious appetizer. It’s made with chicken, vegetables, and a flavorful marinade. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make your own chicken souvlaki dinner. We’ll start by making the marinade, and then we’ll marinate the chicken before grilling it. We’ll also show you how to cook the vegetables and make the tzatziki sauce.
How To Make Chicken Souvlaki Dinner
Souvlaki is a popular Greek dish consisting of marinated and skewered meat. It’s often served with a side of pita bread, tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki sauce.
Chicken souvlaki is a great option if you’re looking for a healthy, flavorful meal. It’s easy to make and can be ready in no time.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making chicken souvlaki:
1. Start by marinating the chicken. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
2. Add the chicken to the bowl and marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if you have time.
3. When you’re ready to cook, preheat the broiler or grill. If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using.
4. Thread the chicken onto skewers and place them on a baking sheet.
5. Broil or grill the chicken for 8-10 minutes, or until it’s cooked through.
6. Serve the chicken with pita bread, tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki sauce.
Chicken souvlaki is a delicious and easy to make meal. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or for entertaining guests.
So next time you’re in the mood for Greek food, give chicken souvlaki a try. You won’t be disappointed!
What Are The Ingredients Needed To Make Chicken Souvlaki?
- Chicken Souvlaki is a popular Greek dish that is made with chunks of chicken, vegetables, and a flavorful marinade. The ingredients needed to make chicken souvlaki include:
- 1. Chicken breast or thighs
- 2. Bell peppers
- 3. Onions
- 4. Olive oil
- 5. Lemon juice
- 6. Garlic
- 7. Oregano
- 8. Salt and pepper
What Are The Steps Involved In Preparing Chicken Souvlaki?
Prepare the marinade by mixing together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add chicken to the marinade and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if possible.
Step 2: Thread the chicken onto skewers
Thread the chicken onto skewers, alternating with pieces of onion and bell pepper.
Step 3: Grill the chicken
Grill the chicken skewers over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Step 4: Serve
Serve the chicken skewers with pita bread, lettuce, tomatoes, and tzatziki sauce.
How Long Does It Usually Take To Cook Chicken Souvlaki?
Chicken souvlaki is a popular Greek dish that consists of marinated and skewered pieces of chicken. The chicken is typically marinated in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs, and then grilled over an open flame.
The cooking time for chicken souvlaki can vary depending on a few factors, such as the size and thickness of the chicken pieces, the temperature of the grill, and the type of marinade used. In general, chicken souvlaki will take about 10-15 minutes to cook, but this can vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken pieces.
To ensure that the chicken is cooked properly, it is important to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. The chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once the chicken is cooked, it can be removed from the skewers and served with a variety of side dishes, such as Greek salad, pita bread, and tzatziki sauce.
What Are Some Side Dishes That Go Well With Chicken Souvlaki?
Chicken Souvlaki is a delicious Greek dish made with marinated and grilled meat. It’s typically served in a pita with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki sauce.
Some side dishes that go well with chicken souvlaki include:
* Greek salad: This classic salad is made with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese. It’s dressed in a tangy vinaigrette and is the perfect complement to the flavorful chicken souvlaki.
* Tzatziki: This creamy and refreshing sauce is made with Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, and fresh herbs. It’s perfect for dipping your souvlaki in and adds a cool, tangy flavor to the dish.
* Hummus: Hummus is a delicious dip made with chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, and lemon juice. It’s smooth and creamy and pairs perfectly with the spicy, grilled flavor of the chicken souvlaki.
What Are Some Tips For Ensuring That The Chicken Is Cooked Properly?
1. Check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer. It should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes after cooking to allow the juices to redistribute.
3. Avoid overcooking the chicken, as this can make it dry.
4. Marinate the chicken before cooking to add flavor and moisture.
5. Use the right cooking method for the cut of chicken you are preparing. For example, boneless, skinless chicken breasts should be cooked by baking or grilling, while bone-in, skin-on chicken should be roasted or braised.
6. Cook the chicken to the proper doneness. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit for white meat, and 180 degrees Fahrenheit for dark meat.
7. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken.
8. Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes after cooking to allow the juices to redistribute.
9. Avoid overcooking the chicken, as this can make it dry.
10. Marinate the chicken before cooking to add flavor and moisture.
The Bottom Line
So, what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and whip up a souvlaki dinner tonight! Your taste buds will thank you.