If you’ve never tried a chicken shawarma rice bowl before, you’re in for a treat. This delicious dish combines all the best flavors of Middle Eastern cuisine with the convenience of a rice bowl. It’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal or a fun weekend project. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make a chicken shawarma rice bowl that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds.
How To Make Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowl
1 cup rice
1 chicken breast
1 cup chopped vegetables (bell peppers, onions, tomatoes)
1 cup chickpeas
1/4 cup tahini sauce
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook the rice according to package instructions.
2. While the rice is cooking, cut the chicken into thin strips.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini sauce, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the chicken. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Add the chopped vegetables to the skillet and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
6. To serve, divide the rice between 2 bowls and top with the chicken and vegetables. Drizzle with the tahini sauce and enjoy!
This chicken shawarma rice bowl is easy to make and packed with flavor. The tahini sauce adds a tangy twist to the dish, and the chickpeas add a nice texture. It’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal or for serving at a party.
What Are The Key Ingredients To Make Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowl?
- Chicken Shawarma
- Vegetables (e.g. tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce)
- Sauce (e.g. tahini sauce, hummus)
- Toppings (e.g.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Eating Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowl?
The Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowl is a healthy, delicious, and filling meal that you can enjoy at any time of the day. It’s packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals, and it’s low in calories and fat.
The chicken in this dish is marinated in a blend of spices, which gives it a flavorful and aromatic taste. It’s also a good source of lean protein, which is important for building and maintaining muscle.
The rice in this dish is a great source of carbohydrates, which provide energy and help to fuel your body. It’s also a good source of fiber, which is important for digestion and overall health.
The vegetables in this dish are a good source of vitamins and minerals, and they add extra flavor and texture to the meal.
Overall, the Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowl is a healthy, delicious, and filling meal that you can enjoy at any time of the day. It’s packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals, and it’s low in calories and fat.
What Are The Different Methods To Cook Chicken Shawarma?
The authentic Middle Eastern dish, chicken shawarma, is a famous street food that is also commonly enjoyed in restaurants and homes. The meat is thinly sliced, seasoned, and stacked on a vertical rotisserie, where it is roasted on a slowly-turning spit. Once cooked, the thin slices of meat are shaved off and stuffed into warm pita bread or served on a plate.
Shawarma can be cooked in various ways, and these methods provide various textures and flavors. Here are the different cooking methods you can use to prepare chicken shawarma:
1. Vertical Rotisserie: This is the authentic way to cook shawarma. The meat is stacked on a vertical rotisserie and roasted over a fire or gas flame. The slow-turning spit ensures that the meat cooks evenly, and the heat and smoke from the fire enhance the flavor. This method provides a tender and juicy shawarma with crispy edges.
2. Oven Roasting: You can also cook shawarma in an oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F and season the chicken with salt, pepper, and your preferred spices. Place the seasoned chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet or roasting pan.
What Are The Best Side Dishes To Serve With Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowl?
1. Roasted Vegetables
4. Pickled Vegetables
5. Baba Ghanoush
6. Greek Salad
7. Spicy Potato Wedges
8. Sautéed Mushrooms
These side dishes will complement the flavors of the Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowl and provide a variety of textures and flavors to enjoy.
What Are Some Variations Of Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowl That I Can Make?
Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowls are delicious, and there are many variations that you can make. Here are some ideas:
1. Greek Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowl: Add feta cheese, kalamata olives, and cucumber slices to your bowl. Top with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of oregano.
2. Mexican Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowl: Add black beans, corn, and salsa to your bowl. Top with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro.
3. Asian Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowl: Add steamed broccoli, carrots, and edamame to your bowl. Top with a drizzle of soy sauce and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
4. Mediterranean Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowl: Add hummus, roasted red peppers, and red onion to your bowl. Top with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika.
5. BBQ Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowl: Add coleslaw, BBQ sauce, and crispy bacon bits to your bowl. Top with a drizzle of ranch dressing and a sprinkle of chives.
In conclusion, the chicken shawarma rice bowl is a flavorful and filling meal that is perfect for any occasion. With its combination of juicy chicken, flavorful shawarma spices, and fluffy rice, it is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you craving for more. So, next time you are in the mood for something delicious and different, be sure to give the chicken shawarma rice bowl a try!