What To Know
- Chicken Piccata is a classic Italian dish that consists of thinly sliced chicken breasts that are dredged in flour and quickly sauteed in butter.
- The chicken is then topped with a lemon-caper sauce, which is typically made with lemon juice, capers, and a bit of butter.
- Chicken Piccata is a classic Italian dish that consists of thinly sliced chicken breasts that are sautéed in butter and served in a white wine and lemon sauce.
Hello, foodies! Today, we’re bringing you a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is perfect for a special occasion or to impress your guests. We’re talking about the classic chicken piccata with artichokes – a dish that is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you craving for more. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through step-by-step on how to make this mouthwatering dish, so grab a pen and paper and let’s get cooking!
How To Make Chicken Piccata With Artichokes
Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally. Cut each half into 2 or 3 thin cutlets. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess.
Heat 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil to the skillet. Stir in the artichokes, lemon juice, capers, and wine. Bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook 1 minute.
Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Stir in the parsley. Serve the chicken with the artichoke mixture spooned on top.
Note: If using frozen artichokes, thaw before using.
What Is Chicken Piccata?
- Chicken Piccata is a classic Italian dish that consists of thinly sliced chicken breasts that are dredged in flour and quickly sauteed in butter. The chicken is then topped with a lemon-caper sauce, which is typically made with lemon juice, capers, and a bit of butter. The dish is typically served with a side of pasta or rice.
How Do You Make Chicken Piccata?
Chicken Piccata is a classic Italian dish that consists of thinly sliced chicken breasts that are sautéed in butter and served in a white wine and lemon sauce. It is typically garnished with capers and parsley.
To make chicken piccata, you will need the following ingredients:
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1/2 cup flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/2 cup white wine
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons capers
* 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
First, you will need to slice the chicken breasts into thin strips. Then, combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, basil, and thyme in a shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken strips in the flour mixture until they are coated.
Next, heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken strips and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until they are golden brown.
Once the chicken is cooked, add the white wine, chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers to the skillet. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
What Are The Ingredients For Chicken Piccata?
* Chicken breasts
* Lemon juice
* Salt and pepper
The chicken breasts are dredged in flour, then cooked in butter until golden brown. The lemon juice, capers, and salt and pepper are added to the pan to create a flavorful sauce. The chicken is then served topped with the sauce.
Chicken Piccata is a quick and easy dish to make, and it’s perfect for a weeknight meal. It’s also a dish that’s sure to please your tastebuds!
What Are The Benefits Of Adding Artichokes To Chicken Piccata?
Artichokes add an interesting twist to chicken piccata.
Chicken piccata is a classic Italian dish featuring chicken, white wine, and capers. Artichoke hearts, on the other hand, are a common ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine.
Chicken piccata is typically served with pasta or rice. Artichoke hearts, however, add a twist to the dish.
Artichoke hearts can be roasted, steamed, or sautéed. They are often served as a side dish or added to salads.
When added to chicken piccata, artichokes add a unique flavor and texture to the dish. They add a touch of sweetness and a touch of bitterness.
Artichoke hearts also add a pop of color to the dish. They are typically a deep green color.
Overall, adding artichokes to chicken piccata is a great way to add a unique twist to a classic dish.
What Are Some Tips For Making Chicken Piccata With Artichokes?
Chicken Piccata with Artichokes is a delicious meal that can be prepared easily at home. Here are some easy tips for making this dish:
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 cup dry white wine
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 1/4 cup capers
* 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make 8 cutlets.
2. Place the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture to coat both sides.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
4. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
Chicken piccata with artichokes is an elegant dish that is perfect for a special occasion. The tangy lemon sauce perfectly complements the artichokes and chicken, making it a dish that you are sure to love. Give this recipe a try the next time you are in the mood for something delicious.