What To Know
- Chicken Piccata is a popular dish that consists of chicken breasts that are dredged in flour, browned in butter, and served with a sauce that is made from the pan drippings, lemon juice, capers, and broth.
- Esposito was a chef at a restaurant called Pizzeria Brandi in Naples, Italy, and he is said to have created the dish in honor of a visit by King Umberto I and Queen Margherita of Savoy.
- The sauce is made with white wine, lemon juice, and capers, and it is added to the chicken in the pan.
Chicken piccata with lemon sauce is a delicious and easy to make dish. The chicken is dredged in flour and quickly sautéed, then topped with a sauce made from lemon juice, capers, and white wine. It’s perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion.
How To Make Chicken Piccata Lemon Sauce
Chicken piccata is a famous Italian dish that is made with chicken breast, lemon, capers, and white wine. It is typically served over pasta or rice. The sauce is light, tangy, and flavorful.
To make chicken piccata, you will need:
1. 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3. 1/4 cup olive oil
4. 1/2 cup white wine
5. 1/2 cup chicken broth
6. 1/4 cup lemon juice
7. 2 tablespoons capers
8. 1 tablespoon butter
9. Salt and pepper to taste
10. Pasta or rice, for serving
1. Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make 8 thin pieces.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Place the flour in a shallow dish and dredge the chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
7. Add the white wine and chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced slightly.
9. Add the lemon juice, capers, and butter to the skillet and stir to combine.
10. Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer for another 2-3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
11. Serve the chicken piccata over pasta or rice.
What Is The History Of Chicken Piccata?
- Chicken Piccata is a popular dish that consists of chicken breasts that are dredged in flour, browned in butter, and served with a sauce that is made from the pan drippings, lemon juice, capers, and broth. The dish is believed to have been created in Italy, and there are several theories as to its origins.
- One theory is that the dish was created in the 19th century by a chef named Raffaele Esposito. Esposito was a chef at a restaurant called Pizzeria Brandi in Naples, Italy, and he is said to have created the dish in honor of a visit by King Umberto I and Queen Margherita of Savoy.
- Another theory is that the dish was created by a chef named Giuseppe Cipriani, who opened a restaurant in Piazza San Marco in Venice, Italy, in 1931. Cipriani is said to have created the dish as a way to use up leftover chicken, and he served it with pasta.
- Regardless of its origins, Chicken Piccata has become a popular dish around the world, and it is often served in restaurants. It is also relatively easy to make at home, and many people enjoy cooking it for themselves and their families.
What Are The Key Ingredients In A Traditional Chicken Piccata Recipe?
Chicken Piccata is a delicious Italian dish that is made with chicken, capers, and lemon. The chicken is typically pounded thin and then dredged in flour, which helps to create a crispy crust. The chicken is then cooked in a skillet with a little bit of oil and butter. The sauce is made with white wine, lemon juice, and capers, and it is added to the chicken in the pan. The dish is finished with a sprinkle of parsley and some lemon slices.
Key Ingredients in a Traditional Chicken Piccata Recipe
* Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken cutlets
* Pounded thin to create a uniform thickness
* Dredge the chicken in flour to create a crispy crust
3. Oil and Butter
* Use a combination of both to cook the chicken in the skillet
* Use capers in the sauce to add a unique flavor
* Use the juice and zest of the lemon in the sauce
6. White Wine
* Use white wine in the sauce to add acidity
* Sprinkle parsley on top of the finished dish for color and freshness
8. Salt and Pepper
* Season the chicken and sauce to taste
Chicken Piccata is a delicious and flavorful dish that is perfect for special occasions or everyday meals. Try making it at home with fresh ingredients for a delicious meal that you and your family will love.
What Are The Steps Involved In Making Chicken Piccata?
The steps of making chicken piccata involve preparing the ingredients, such as the chicken, the lemon, and the capers. The chicken is then dredged in flour and browned in a pan with oil. The lemon is then sliced and added to the pan with the chicken. The capers are then added and the chicken is cooked until it is cooked through. The sauce is then made by combining the chicken stock, lemon juice, and white wine. The sauce is then thickened with a cornstarch slurry and poured over the chicken. The dish is then garnished with parsley and served.
What Are Some Variations On The Traditional Chicken Piccata Recipe?
There are many variations on the traditional chicken piccata recipe. Chicken piccata is a classic Italian dish that is made with chicken cutlets, capers, lemon, and white wine. Some variations include using different types of meat, such as veal or turkey, or using different types of sauces, such as a creamy sauce or a tomato sauce. Other variations include adding other ingredients, such as mushrooms or spinach, or using different types of herbs, such as basil or oregano.
What Are Some Tips For Making The Perfect Chicken Piccata?
Chicken Piccata is an Italian dish that is typically made with thin slices of chicken, capers, lemon, and white wine. The key to making the perfect Chicken Piccata is to use high-quality ingredients, such as fresh lemon juice and capers. It is also important to cook the chicken until it is golden brown and cooked through. Serve the chicken with a sauce made from the pan drippings, butter, and lemon juice. Garnish the dish with chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
Discover the taste of Italy with this simple and delicious recipe for chicken piccata. The lemon sauce is tangy and flavorful, and the chicken is cooked to perfection. This dish is perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion. Serve it over pasta or rice for a satisfying and filling meal. Your taste buds will thank you for this culinary journey!