What To Know
- Place the breaded chicken in the air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Return the basket to the air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Place the cooked chicken parmesan back in the air fryer and cook for 2 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Air fryers are a great way to cook food quickly and easily. They are also a great way to cook chicken parmesan. In this blog post, we will show you how to make chicken parmesan in an air fryer. We will also give you some tips on how to make it taste great. So, if you are in the mood for some delicious chicken parmesan, keep reading!
How To Make Chicken Parmesan Air Fryer
Air fryers have become a popular kitchen appliance in recent years. They offer a way to cook food that is healthier than traditional frying methods. Chicken parmesan is a classic dish that can be made in an air fryer.
To make chicken parmesan in an air fryer, you will need:
1. 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3. 2 eggs, beaten
4. 1 cup bread crumbs
5. 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
6. 1 jar of pasta sauce
7. 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Start by slicing the chicken breasts in half horizontally to create 4 thin pieces. Then, set up a breading station with the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
Dip the chicken in the flour, then the egg, and then the bread crumbs. Make sure each piece is coated well.
Place the breaded chicken in the air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, mix together the Parmesan cheese and pasta sauce.
After the chicken has cooked for 10 minutes, flip the pieces over and cook for another 5 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the air fryer and top with the pasta sauce mixture and mozzarella cheese.
Return the basket to the air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve the chicken parmesan with a side of pasta or vegetables.
What Are The Benefits Of Cooking Chicken Parmesan In An Air Fryer?
- 1. Healthier than traditional frying methods: Air fryers use hot air to cook food, resulting in less oil and fewer calories.
- 2. Quick and easy: Air fryers cook food faster than traditional ovens, making them a convenient option for busy weeknights.
- 3. Versatile: Air fryers can be used to cook a variety of foods, including chicken, fish, vegetables, and even desserts.
- 4. Delicious: Air fryers produce crispy, flavorful food that tastes great.
- 5. Cost-effective: Air fryers are relatively inexpensive compared to traditional ovens, and they can save you money on energy costs over time.
What Are Some Tips For Cooking Chicken Parmesan In An Air Fryer?
1. Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the chicken into thin slices. This will help the chicken cook evenly and quickly.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Dip the chicken in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. This will help the chicken get a nice crust.
5. Place the breaded chicken in the air fryer basket.
6. Cook the chicken for 8 minutes, then flip and cook for another 8 minutes.
7. While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce.
8. In a saucepan, heat the tomato sauce, basil, oregano, and garlic.
9. When the sauce is hot, add the parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
10. Remove the chicken from the air fryer and top it with the sauce.
11. Place the cooked chicken parmesan back in the air fryer and cook for 2 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
12. Serve the chicken parmesan with a side of pasta or vegetables.
Chicken parmesan is a delicious and easy to make dish that is perfect for a weeknight meal. Try these tips for cooking chicken parmesan in an air fryer and enjoy!
How Long Does It Take To Cook Chicken Parmesan In An Air Fryer?
An air fryer cooks food much faster than a traditional oven, and that includes making chicken parmesan. If you are cooking frozen chicken parmesan in an air fryer, it will take about 12-15 minutes to cook through. Fresh chicken parmesan will take about 8-10 minutes to cook through. Both times will depend on the size of the chicken parmesan you are cooking. If you want your chicken parmesan to be crispy, you can use a little bit of olive oil spray before you cook it. This will help the breadcrumbs get nice and crispy. Chicken parmesan is delicious and easy to make in an air fryer. It is also a healthier option than frying the chicken parmesan in oil.
Can You Cook Frozen Chicken Parmesan In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken parmesan in an air fryer. You will need to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly. The air fryer cooks food quickly and evenly, so the chicken parmesan will be crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. It is a healthy way to cook chicken parmesan because you use less oil.
Can You Cook Other Dishes In An Air Fryer Besides Chicken Parmesan?
Absolutely! An air fryer is a versatile kitchen appliance that can cook a variety of dishes beyond chicken parmesan. Here are some delicious options to try:
1. French fries: Cut potatoes into thin strips, toss with olive oil, and season with salt. Air fry at 400°F for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and crispy.
2. Roasted vegetables: Cut vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, or carrots into bite-sized pieces. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and air fry at 400°F for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through, until tender and lightly browned.
3. Baked goods: Experiment with making healthier versions of your favorite baked goods. Try air frying donuts, muffins, or cookies.
4. Meatballs: Make your favorite meatball recipe and shape them into balls. Place the meatballs in the air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F for 10-12 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
5. Roasted nuts: Toss nuts such as almonds, cashews, or peanuts with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
In conclusion, making chicken parmesan in an air fryer is a delicious and easy way to enjoy this classic dish. The air fryer cooks the chicken to perfection, resulting in a crispy crust without all of the extra oil. Plus, it’s a great way to save time in the kitchen. Give this recipe a try the next time you’re in the mood for some classic Italian cuisine.