What To Know
- To do this, place the chicken in a pot and add enough water or broth to cover it.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer the chicken until it is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and bake it for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
If you’re in the mood for Mexican food, then these chicken mole enchiladas are just what you need. They’re easy to make, and they can be on the table in no time. Plus, they’re delicious!
How To Make Chicken Mole Enchiladas
Mole is a chocolate-based sauce that is used in many Mexican dishes. Chicken mole enchiladas are a delicious and filling meal. Here’s how to make them:
* 1 cup mole sauce
* 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
* 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
* 12 corn tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
3. Add onion and cook until tender.
4. Stir in mole sauce, chicken broth, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
6. Place 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place in a baking dish.
7. Cover with cheese and bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
8. Serve and enjoy!
These enchiladas are hearty and filling. The mole sauce gives them a rich flavor, and the shredded cheese makes them extra delicious.
What Are The Ingredients For Chicken Mole Enchiladas?
- Chicken Mole Enchiladas:
- 1. A delicious Mexican dish made with chicken, mole sauce, tortillas, and cheese.
- 2. The mole sauce is made with a variety of ingredients such as chili peppers, spices, nuts, and chocolate.
- 3. The enchiladas are typically topped with sour cream, avocado, and cilantro.
- 4. They are easy to make and can be served as a main dish or appetizer.
- 5. Chicken mole enchiladas are a popular dish in Mexico and can be found in many Mexican restaurants.
How Do You Make Chicken Mole Sauce?
Chicken mole sauce is a classic Mexican sauce that is made by blending several ingredients, including dried chiles, spices, and unsweetened chocolate. It is typically served with chicken, but it also goes well with other meats, such as pork or beef.
To make chicken mole sauce, you will need the following ingredients:
* 2 dried ancho chiles
* 2 dried guajillo chiles
* 2 dried pasilla chiles
* 1 dried chipotle chile
* 1 dried chile de arbol
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4 cup chopped pecans
* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
* 1 tablespoon ground coriander
* 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup raisins
* 1/4 cup sliced almonds
* 1/4 cup sliced pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
How Do You Cook The Chicken For Chicken Mole Enchiladas?
You can cook the chicken for chicken mole enchiladas in a variety of ways. One option is to poach the chicken in water or broth. To do this, place the chicken in a pot and add enough water or broth to cover it. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer the chicken until it is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
Another option is to bake the chicken. To do this, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken in a baking dish and bake it for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
You can also cook the chicken in a skillet. To do this, heat some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook it until it is no longer pink and is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
Once the chicken is cooked, you can shred it or cut it into bite-sized pieces. Then, assemble the enchiladas by placing some of the chicken in a tortilla, along with some mole sauce and any other desired fillings. Roll up the tortilla and place it in a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Top the enchiladas with mole sauce and cheese, and bake them until they are heated through and the cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes.
How Do You Assemble The Chicken Mole Enchiladas?
The chicken mole enchiladas are a traditional Mexican dish, delicious and easy to prepare. They consist of corn tortilla filled with chicken, bathed in a sauce prepared with chili and chocolate, covered with a cheese topping.
To assemble the chicken mole enchiladas, first, you need to cook the chicken. You can boil it, poach it, or bake it. Once the chicken is cooked, shred it with two forks and set aside.
Next, make the sauce. Mole sauce is a thick, rich sauce made with chilies, spices, and chocolate. You can prepare it from scratch using recipes found online. Or, you can use store-bought mole sauce.
Warm the corn tortillas in the oven or microwave to make them more pliable. Then, add shredded chicken and a spoonful of mole sauce to the center of each tortilla. Roll up the tortilla and place it seam-side down in a baking dish.
Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Once all the enchiladas are assembled, pour the remaining mole sauce over the enchiladas. Top them with shredded cheese and bake them in the oven until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling.
Serve the chicken mole enchiladas with sour cream, diced onions, and cilantro for garnish. Enjoy!
What Are Some Side Dishes To Serve With Chicken Mole Enchiladas?
Some great side dishes to serve with chicken mole enchiladas include black beans, Mexican rice, and guacamole. You could also serve the enchiladas with a side of sour cream or queso fresco. For a more filling meal, you could also serve the enchiladas with a side of refried beans, corn on the cob, or a salad.
In a nutshell
Chicken mole enchiladas are a delectable dish that can be made at home with just a few simple ingredients. This recipe is sure to be a hit at your next dinner party or game night. These enchiladas are easy to make, and they are sure to impress your guests. Give this recipe a try today!