What To Know
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the enchiladas and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling.
- By considering the texture, flavor, size and shape of the tortilla, as well as the cooking method, you can choose the perfect tortilla for your enchiladas.
- Shredding a rotisserie chicken for chicken enchiladas is a simple process that can be done in a few easy steps.
Enchiladas made with rotisserie chicken are an easy and delicious weeknight dinner! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make chicken enchiladas with rotisserie chicken. We’ll start by shredding the chicken, then we’ll make the enchilada sauce. Next, we’ll assemble the enchiladas and bake them in the oven. Finally, we’ll top them with cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
How To Make Chicken Enchiladas With Rotisserie Chicken
If you’re in the mood for Mexican food but don’t want to go out, look no further than these delicious Chicken Enchiladas!
These enchiladas are filled with shredded rotisserie chicken and topped with a creamy enchilada sauce.
To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, shred the rotisserie chicken using a fork or your hands.
In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, 1 cup of enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Next, spoon the mixture into a tortilla and roll up the tortilla.
Place the rolled tortilla in a baking dish and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Once all of the tortillas are rolled, pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the enchiladas and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling.
Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
These enchiladas are easy to make and can be customized to your liking.
You can use any type of chicken you like, and you can add any toppings you like as well.
Try adding black beans, corn, or avocado for some extra flavor.
These enchiladas are perfect for a weeknight meal or for a special occasion.
Give them a try and let us know what you think!
What Other Ingredients Do I Need To Buy To Make Chicken Enchiladas?
- Chicken Enchiladas:
- 1. Tortillas: Use corn or flour tortillas to make enchiladas.
- 2. Enchilada Sauce: Buy a can of enchilada sauce or make your own.
- 3. Cheese: Use shredded cheese, such as cheddar or Monterey Jack, to top the enchiladas.
- 4. Vegetables: Add vegetables, such as onions, bell peppers, or spinach, to the filling for added flavor and nutrition.
- 5. Toppings: Consider adding toppings like sour cream, avocado, or cilantro to your enchiladas for added flavor and texture.
What Type Of Tortillas Should I Use For Chicken Enchiladas?
When making chicken enchiladas, it is important to choose the right type of tortilla. The type of tortilla you use can make or break your enchiladas. There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the right tortilla for your chicken enchiladas.
First, consider the texture of the tortilla. You want a tortilla that is soft and flexible, but not too flimsy. If the tortilla is too flimsy, it will be difficult to roll and the filling may fall out. If the tortilla is too thick, it will be hard to eat and the filling may not cook evenly.
Second, consider the flavor of the tortilla. You want a tortilla that will complement the flavor of the chicken filling. Some people prefer corn tortillas, while others prefer flour tortillas. Corn tortillas have a more earthy flavor, while flour tortillas are more neutral.
Third, consider the size and shape of the tortilla. You want a tortilla that is the right size for your filling. If you are making small enchiladas, you can use small tortillas. If you are making large enchiladas, you can use large tortillas.
Finally, consider the cooking method. If you are baking your enchiladas, you can use any type of tortilla. If you are frying your enchiladas, you should use a tortilla that can withstand the heat of the oil.
Overall, choosing the right tortilla for your chicken enchiladas is important. By considering the texture, flavor, size and shape of the tortilla, as well as the cooking method, you can choose the perfect tortilla for your enchiladas.
How Do I Shred A Rotisserie Chicken For Chicken Enchiladas?
Shredding a rotisserie chicken for chicken enchiladas is a simple process that can be done in a few easy steps. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Remove the skin from the chicken. This will make it easier to work with and will also reduce the amount of fat in the enchiladas.
2. Use two forks to shred the chicken. Start by placing one fork at the top of the breast and pulling down, while using the other fork to push in the opposite direction. Repeat until you have shredded all of the chicken.
3. Once you have shredded the chicken, you can add it to your enchiladas. Be sure to mix the chicken with the other ingredients, such as enchilada sauce and cheese, to ensure it is evenly distributed.
4. Finally, you can bake the enchiladas in the oven or cook them on the stove. The amount of time it takes to cook them will depend on your oven or stove, so be sure to follow the recipe instructions.
By following these steps, you can easily shred a rotisserie chicken for chicken enchiladas.
How Do I Make The Sauce For Chicken Enchiladas?
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon sugar
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the flour and cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute.
3. Gradually add the chicken broth, whisking constantly, until smooth.
4. Add the salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and sugar.
How Do I Assemble And Bake The Chicken Enchiladas?
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: Prepare the filling by stirring together the chicken, 1 cup of the cheese, and 1 cup of the green enchilada sauce in a large bowl.
Step 3: Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds to make them more pliable.
Step 4: Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of the chicken filling and roll it up.
Step 5: Place the filled tortillas in a 9×13-inch baking dish that has been lightly greased.
Step 6: Pour the enchilada sauce over the filled tortillas.
Step 7: Sprinkle the remaining cheese and green onions over the top of the enchiladas.
Step 8: Bake the enchiladas in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling.
Step 9: Serve the enchiladas with your favorite toppings, such as sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
Now that you know how versatile and delicious rotisserie chicken can be, it’s time to try making some chicken enchiladas! This recipe is sure to please everyone at your next dinner party, and it’s easy enough for any night of the week. So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and start cooking!