Chicken enchiladas with cream cheese are one of my favorite dishes, and I’m excited to share them with you! They are creamy, cheesy, and so delicious. Plus, they are easy to make. Follow along as I show you how to make these tasty enchiladas.
How To Make Chicken Enchiladas With Cream Cheese
Enchiladas are a favorite at my house. They are a great meal to have on a night when I don’t have a lot of time to cook. Since they are so easy to make, they are also a great meal to serve when I have company.
When making enchiladas, I always use flour tortillas. I also always make mine with chicken. Enchiladas are great to serve for lunch or dinner. They can also be frozen and reheated at a later time.
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, enchilada sauce, cream cheese, sour cream, and chiles.
3. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
4. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with the Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
6. Remove from oven, let stand 5 minutes before serving.
7. Serve enchiladas with Spanish rice, refried beans, and sour cream.
These enchiladas are delicious. They are easy to make and can be made ahead of time. They are also very filling. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
What Are Some Tips For Making The Perfect Enchilada Sauce?
- Start with fresh ingredients.
- Use a variety of spices.
- Cook the sauce slowly.
- Let the sauce simmer for a while.
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasonings as needed.
Can You Make The Enchiladas Ahead Of Time?
Enchiladas are delicious, but they can be time-consuming to make. If you’re short on time, you may be wondering if you can make the enchiladas ahead of time. The answer is yes!
There are a few things to keep in mind when making enchiladas ahead of time. First, you’ll want to make sure that the enchiladas are fully cooked before storing them. This will ensure that they are safe to eat and that they won’t dry out.
To cook the enchiladas, simply place them in a baking dish and bake them according to the recipe instructions. Once they are cooked, let them cool completely before storing them.
To store the enchiladas, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place them in the refrigerator. They will last for up to three days in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to eat the enchiladas, simply reheat them in the oven or microwave. They will still be delicious, and you won’t have to spend extra time cooking them.
So, the next time you’re short on time, don’t be afraid to make enchiladas ahead of time. It’s a great way to enjoy your favorite dish without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
How Do You Prevent The Chicken From Drying Out In The Oven?
To prevent the chicken from drying out in the oven, you should follow a few simple steps. First, you should brine the chicken. This will help to add moisture to the chicken and keep it juicy. You can use a simple brine solution of salt and water, or you can use a more elaborate brine solution with herbs and spices.
Next, you should preheat your oven to the correct temperature. Chicken should be cooked at a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
You should also use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked to the correct temperature. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Finally, you should let the chicken rest for a few minutes before cutting into it. This will allow the juices to redistribute and keep the chicken moist.
What Kind Of Cheese Works Best In The Enchiladas?
There are a variety of cheeses that can be used in enchiladas, and the best choice will depend on the specific recipe and personal preferences. Some popular options include Monterey Jack, cheddar, and Asadero. These cheeses melt well and have a mild flavor that complements the other ingredients in the enchiladas. Mozzarella and Oaxaca cheese are also good choices, as they are both mild and creamy. If you’re looking for a cheese with a more pronounced flavor, you could consider using pepper jack or a Mexican cheese blend. Ultimately, the best cheese for enchiladas is the one that you enjoy the most!
Can You Use Leftover Chicken In The Enchiladas?
Yes, you can use leftover chicken in the enchiladas. In fact, using leftover chicken is a great way to save time and reduce waste. However, it’s important to make sure that the chicken is properly cooked and seasoned before adding it to the dish. Here are a few tips for using leftover chicken in the enchiladas:
1. Shred or chop the chicken into small pieces: This will help to ensure that the chicken is evenly distributed throughout the enchiladas and that it doesn’t dry out during cooking.
2. Add flavor to the chicken: If the chicken is plain, you may want to add a bit of flavor to it. Try adding salsa, taco seasoning, or your favorite herbs and spices.
3. Prepare the enchiladas: Follow the instructions on the enchilada recipe to prepare the tortillas and filling. Add the chicken to the filling before rolling up the tortillas.
4. Bake the enchiladas: Place the enchiladas in a baking dish and bake according to the recipe instructions.
By using leftover chicken in the enchiladas, you can save time and money while reducing waste.
In conclusion, while there are many different ways to prepare chicken enchiladas, using cream cheese as a key ingredient is sure to take them to the next level. The rich and creamy flavor of the cream cheese blends perfectly with the other ingredients to create a dish that is both satisfying and delicious. Give this recipe a try next time you are looking for a quick and easy meal that is sure to impress.