Chicken Cordon Bleu is a classic dish that features breaded chicken, ham, and Gruyere cheese. However, if you’re trying to cut back on carbs or avoid breading altogether, you can still enjoy this delicious meal. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make chicken cordon bleu without breading. We’ll use flavorful ingredients like Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and fresh herbs to create a flavorful sauce that will pair perfectly with the chicken, ham, and cheese. So whether you’re watching your carb intake or just looking for a healthier alternative to the traditional dish, keep reading to learn how to make chicken cordon bleu without breading.
How To Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Without Breading
Chicken Cordon Bleu is a delicious meal that traditionally consists of chicken stuffed with ham and cheese, breaded and fried. However, if you are looking for a healthier option, or if you don’t feel like dealing with the mess of breading, you can make a Chicken Cordon Bleu without breading.
Start by butterflying the chicken. To do this, place the chicken on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to slice it horizontally, stopping about 1/2 inch before you reach the other side. Open the chicken like a book and use your hand to flatten it further.
Next, place the chicken on a cutting board and layer the ham and cheese on top. Roll the chicken up and secure it with a toothpick.
Place the rolled chicken in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you like.
Bake the chicken at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Once the chicken is cooked, you can serve it with a side of vegetables or a salad.
You can also make this dish ahead of time and reheat it in the oven when you are ready to eat.
This version of Chicken Cordon Bleu is healthier than the traditional version, and it is much easier to make. It is also a great option if you are trying to cut back on carbs.
If you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal, give this recipe a try.
What Are Some Alternative Recipes For Chicken Cordon Bleu?
- Try swapping out the ham and Swiss for turkey and cheddar for a lighter version.
- Mix up the flavors by using pesto and mozzarella cheese instead of the traditional ham and Swiss.
- Replace the chicken with veal or pork for a different twist.
- Add some spice by using jalapeno jack cheese and a spicy mustard sauce.
- For a healthier option, try baking the chicken instead of frying it.
How Can I Make My Chicken Cordon Bleu More Flavorful?
Chicken cordon bleu is a classic dish that is loved by many. However, sometimes it can taste a bit bland. If you want to add more flavor to your chicken cordon bleu, there are several things you can do.
One option is to season the chicken with salt, pepper, and other spices before cooking it. This will help to add flavor to the chicken.
Another option is to add flavor to the cheese filling. You can use a variety of cheeses, such as Gruyere, Swiss, or cheddar. You can also add herbs, such as parsley or basil, to the cheese filling.
Finally, you can add flavor to the sauce. You can use a variety of sauces, such as béchamel sauce, mushroom sauce, or white wine sauce. You can also add herbs, such as parsley or basil, to the sauce.
By following these tips, you can make your chicken cordon bleu more flavorful and delicious.
What Are Some Side Dishes That Go Well With Chicken Cordon Bleu?
Chicken cordon bleu is a popular dish that combines the flavors of chicken, ham, and cheese. It is often served with a side dish. Here are some side dishes that go well with chicken cordon bleu:
1. Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower complement the chicken cordon bleu’s flavors.
2. Mashed potatoes: Mashed potatoes are a classic side dish that goes well with chicken cordon bleu. The creamy and buttery texture of the potatoes complements the crispy crust of the chicken.
3. Rice pilaf: Rice pilaf is a simple side dish that goes well with chicken cordon bleu. The nutty flavor and chewy texture of the rice complement the flavors of the ham and cheese in the chicken.
4. Green salad: A green salad with a light vinaigrette dressing is a simple and refreshing side dish that goes well with chicken cordon bleu. The crisp lettuce and fresh vegetables provide a nice contrast to the rich flavors of the chicken.
5. Baked beans: Baked beans are a hearty side dish that goes well with chicken cordon bleu. The sweet and tangy flavor of the baked beans complements the savory flavors of the chicken.
How Can I Make My Chicken Cordon Bleu Healthier?
Chicken cordon bleu is a delicious dish that is typically made with chicken breast, ham, and Swiss cheese. While it is a tasty meal, it is not necessarily the healthiest option. However, there are several ways to make this dish healthier without sacrificing flavor.
One option is to use whole grain bread instead of white, and to opt for a low-fat cheese. You could also try baking the chicken instead of frying it, and using olive oil instead of butter. Additionally, you could serve the chicken with a side of vegetables or a salad instead of chips or fries.
Overall, making chicken cordon bleu healthier is all about making smart choices. By using whole grain bread, low-fat cheese, baking the chicken, and choosing healthier side dishes, you can enjoy a delicious meal that is better for you.
What Are Some Tips For Making Chicken Cordon Bleu From Scratch?
1. Choose quality ingredients: For the best results, use high-quality ingredients. Look for fresh, free-range chicken, flavorful ham, and Gruyere cheese.
2. Butterfly the chicken: Butterflying the chicken will help it cook more evenly and make it easier to roll.
3. Pound the chicken: Pounding the chicken will help it cook more evenly and make it easier to roll.
4. Use toothpicks to secure the roll: Use toothpicks to secure the roll and prevent it from falling apart during cooking.
5. Cook the chicken: Cook the chicken in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Let it rest: After the chicken is cooked, let it rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving. This will help the juices redistribute and will make the chicken easier to handle.
7. Serve and enjoy: Serve the chicken cordon bleu with a side of your favorite vegetables or a side salad. Enjoy!
In conclusion, making chicken cordon bleu without breading is a delicious and healthy alternative to the traditional version. The juicy chicken, melted cheese, and flavorful ham inside make this dish a mouthwatering meal that is perfect for any occasion. Give this recipe a try the next time you want a quick and easy meal that will please your taste buds without all the extra calories.