What To Know
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl, and then mix the bread crumbs and flour in a separate shallow bowl.
- You can cook it in a pan on the stove, or you can bake it in the oven.
- Place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on each chicken breast.
Chicken Cordon Bleu is the epitome of elegance and deliciousness. This dish features crispy chicken, ham, and melted cheese, all nestled in a golden-fried coating. It’s a classic, but it’s often made with chicken breasts. Chicken tenderloins are a great alternative, and they work just as well!
How To Make Chicken Cordon Bleu With Chicken Tenderloins
Chicken Cordon Bleu is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for any occasion. This dish is made with chicken, ham, and Swiss cheese, and it is typically breaded and fried. However, it can also be made with chicken tenderloins, which are a healthier option.
To make chicken cordon bleu with chicken tenderloins, you will need:
1. 4 chicken tenderloins
2. 2 slices of ham
3. 2 slices of Swiss cheese
4. 1 egg
5. 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
6. 1/4 cup of flour
7. Salt and pepper to taste
First, you will need to butterfly the chicken tenderloins. To do this, simply cut each tenderloin in half lengthwise, but not all the way through. Then, open them up like a book.
Next, you will add the ham and cheese to the inside of the chicken. Fold the chicken back over on itself, enclosing the ham and cheese inside.
Now, you will bread the chicken. Beat the egg in a shallow bowl, and then mix the bread crumbs and flour in a separate shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in the egg, and then coat it in the bread crumb mixture.
Finally, cook the chicken. You can cook it in a pan on the stove, or you can bake it in the oven. Cook it until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted.
Serve the chicken cordon bleu with a side of your favorite side dish, and enjoy!
What Is The Difference Between Chicken Tenderloins And Chicken Breasts?
- Chicken Tenderloins and Chicken Breasts are two different types of chicken meat.
- Chicken Tenderloins are the tender strips of meat found along the chicken breast.
- Chicken Breasts are the meaty portion of the chicken breast.
- Chicken Tenderloins are more tender than Chicken Breasts.
- Chicken Tenderloins are more expensive than Chicken Breasts.
How Do You Butterfly A Chicken Tenderloin?
Chicken tenderloins are tender and juicy, making them a popular choice for a variety of dishes. However, butterflying them can be a bit tricky. In this blog post, we will discuss how to butterfly a chicken tenderloin.
To butterfly a chicken tenderloin, you will need a sharp knife and some patience. First, cut the chicken tenderloin in half lengthwise, being careful not to cut all the way through. Next, open the chicken tenderloin like a book and use your fingers to gently separate the two halves.
Once the chicken tenderloin is butterflied, you can season it with salt and pepper or any other desired seasonings. Then, grill or bake the chicken tenderloin until it is cooked through.
Butterflying a chicken tenderloin is a great way to cook them evenly and prevent them from drying out. It is also a great way to add more surface area for seasonings and sauces.
What Ingredients Do You Need For Chicken Cordon Bleu?
Chicken Cordon Bleu is stuffed with ham and cheese, then breaded and fried.
The ingredients are:
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 4 slices of ham
* 4 slices of Swiss cheese
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 cup panko bread crumbs
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* Salt and pepper
1. Butterfly the chicken breasts. To do this, place them on a cutting board and slice them horizontally almost in half, leaving one side attached. Open the chicken breasts like a book.
2. Cover the chicken breasts with plastic wrap and pound them with a meat mallet to an even thickness.
3. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
4. Place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on each chicken breast.
5. Fold the chicken breasts over the ham and cheese, and fasten with toothpicks.
6. Set up three shallow bowls: one with the flour, one with the beaten eggs, and one with the panko bread crumbs.
How Do You Cook Chicken Cordon Bleu?
Chicken cordon bleu is a popular dish that originated in Switzerland. It consists of chicken breasts rolled around ham and cheese, then breaded and fried. The dish is typically served with a creamy sauce.
Cooking chicken cordon bleu is relatively simple. Here are the basic steps:
1. Prepare the chicken breasts by butterflying them and pounding them thin.
2. Place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on each breast.
3. Roll the breasts up and secure them with toothpicks.
4. Dip the rolled breasts in beaten egg, then in bread crumbs.
5. Fry the breasts in hot oil until golden brown.
6. Drain the breasts on paper towels.
7. Serve the breasts with a creamy sauce, such as hollandaise or mushroom sauce.
Chicken cordon bleu can be cooked in a pan or in the oven. It can also be grilled, if desired. The cooking time will depend on the size of the breasts, but typically they take about 15-20 minutes to cook.
Chicken cordon bleu is a delicious and filling dish that is perfect for a special occasion or for when you want to impress your guests.
What Are Some Side Dishes That Go Well With Chicken Cordon Bleu?
Chicken cordon bleu is a classic dish that combines the flavors of chicken, ham, and cheese. It is typically served with a creamy sauce or gravy.
Some side dishes that go well with chicken cordon bleu include:
1. Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower pair well with the creamy sauce.
2. Mashed potatoes: Mashed potatoes are a classic side dish that goes well with many dishes, including chicken cordon bleu.
3. Rice pilaf: Rice pilaf is flavorful and pairs well with the sauce of the chicken cordon bleu.
4. Green salad: A green salad with a light vinaigrette dressing is a nice contrast to the rich flavors of the chicken cordon bleu.
5. French bread: French bread is the perfect accompaniment for soaking up any extra sauce from the chicken cordon bleu.
No matter what side dishes you choose to serve with chicken cordon bleu, it is important to balance the rich flavors of the dish with lighter side dishes. This will ensure that your meal is enjoyable and well-rounded.
In conclusion, making chicken cordon bleu with chicken tenderloins is a delicious and easy way to impress your friends and family. This recipe is packed with flavor, and it’s sure to be a hit with anyone who tries it. So next time you are looking for a new and exciting recipe to try, give chicken cordon bleu with chicken tenderloins a try!