What To Know
- The sauce is made with a combination of milk, eggs, and cheese, and the chicken is cooked in the sauce until it is tender and flavorful.
- Filipino-style Chicken Carbonara, on the other hand, is a fusion recipe that combines the elements of a traditional carbonara with Filipino flavors.
- Chicken Carbonara is a popular Filipino dish that combines the creaminess of a traditional carbonara with the delicious flavors of chicken.
Chicken Carbonara is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for any occasion. This Filipino-style chicken carbonara is made with spaghetti, chicken, and a creamy sauce. It is easy to make and is perfect for a weeknight meal.
How To Make Chicken Carbonara Filipino Style
Chicken Carbonara is a Filipino-style dish that is typically made with pasta, chicken, and a creamy sauce. The sauce is made with a combination of milk, eggs, and cheese, and the chicken is cooked in the sauce until it is tender and flavorful. The dish is typically garnished with chopped parsley and served with a salad or garlic bread.
To make chicken carbonara Filipino-style, you will need the following ingredients:
* 1 pound of pasta (such as spaghetti or fettuccine)
* 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
* 2 cups of milk
* 4 large eggs
* 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
* Salt and pepper to taste
Begin by cooking the pasta according to the package directions. While the pasta is cooking, cook the chicken in a large skillet until it is cooked through and no longer pink. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
In the same skillet, whisk together the milk, eggs, and cheese. Add the cooked pasta and chicken to the skillet, and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens and coats the pasta, about 5 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the heat, and stir in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the chicken carbonara hot, and enjoy!
What Are The Key Ingredients In Making Chicken Carbonara Filipino Style?
What Is The Difference Between Traditional Chicken Carbonara And Filipino-style Chicken Carbonara?
Traditional Chicken Carbonara is an Italian recipe made with egg, guanciale (cured pork jowl), Pecorino Romano cheese, and spaghetti. The ingredients are tossed together to create a creamy and flavorful dish.
Filipino-style Chicken Carbonara, on the other hand, is a fusion recipe that combines the elements of a traditional carbonara with Filipino flavors. Instead of using guanciale, Filipino-style Chicken Carbonara uses chicken as the main ingredient. Other ingredients include garlic, onions, bell peppers, and Filipino-style spaghetti sauce.
The main difference between traditional and Filipino-style Chicken Carbonara is the use of chicken instead of pork. The sauce is also different, with Filipino-style sauce being thicker and spicier. Additionally, Filipino-style Chicken Carbonara often includes vegetables like bell peppers and onions, which are not typically found in traditional Italian carbonara.
Both versions of Chicken Carbonara are delicious and can be enjoyed by anyone. However, if you are looking for a more unique dish, Filipino-style Chicken Carbonara is a great choice.
How Can I Make My Own Filipino-style Chicken Carbonara At Home?
Chicken Carbonara is a popular Filipino dish that combines the creaminess of a traditional carbonara with the delicious flavors of chicken. This dish is perfect for any occasion and can be easily made at home. Here are the steps you can follow to make your very own Filipino-style Chicken Carbonara:
* 1/2 kg chicken breast
* 1 cup sliced mushrooms
* 1/2 cup diced ham
* 1 onion, diced
* 1 cup grated cheese
* 1/2 cup all purpose cream
* 1 cup cooked spaghetti
* 1 egg
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
2. While the spaghetti is cooking, heat a pan and add some oil.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then cook until it is no longer pink.
4. Add the onions and cook until translucent.
5. Add the mushrooms and ham and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the cream and cheese to the pan.
Are There Any Variations To Filipino-style Chicken Carbonara?
Filipino-style chicken carbonara is a delicious and hearty dish that is popular in the Philippines. It is made with chicken, bacon, spaghetti, and a sauce made from eggs and Parmesan cheese.
While the basic recipe for chicken carbonara is pretty standard, there are a few variations that you can try. One popular variation is to add vegetables to the dish. Some common vegetables that can be added include peas, bell peppers, and mushrooms.
Another variation is to change the sauce. Instead of using eggs and Parmesan cheese, you can try using a different sauce such as a creamy Alfredo sauce or a spicy tomato sauce.
Finally, you can also change the pasta. Instead of using spaghetti, you can try using a different shape of pasta such as penne or linguine.
Overall, there are many variations to Filipino-style chicken carbonara. Whether you add vegetables, change the sauce, or use different pasta, you can experiment to find your favorite version of the dish.
What Are Some Popular Side Dishes To Serve With Chicken Carbonara Filipino Style?
1. Garlic Rice: This classic Filipino side dish is easy to make and pairs well with chicken carbonara.
2. Sauteed Vegetables: Adding some sauteed vegetables to your chicken carbonara is a great way to add some color and nutrients to your plate. Some popular options include green beans, bell peppers, and mushrooms.
3. Steamed Vegetables: For a lighter option, try serving your chicken carbonara with a side of steamed vegetables. This healthy side dish pairs well with the richness of the carbonara sauce.
4. Salad: A simple salad made with mixed greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers can make a refreshing side dish for chicken carbonara.
5. Fried Plantains: This sweet, caramelized side dish is a classic Filipino favorite that pairs well with chicken carbonara.
6. Pickled Papaya: If you’re looking for a unique side dish, try serving your chicken carbonara with a side of pickled papaya. This tangy condiment adds a burst of flavor to your meal.
Whatever side dishes you choose to serve with chicken carbonara Filipino style, remember to consider the balance of flavors in your meal.
In a nutshell
Chicken Carbonara Filipino style is a creamy and delicious pasta dish made with chicken and bacon in a cheesy sauce. It’s easy to make and perfect for a weeknight meal. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think!