Bourbon chicken is a delicious dish that can be made in just a few minutes using ingredients that you already have in your pantry. However, if you are trying to stay away from alcohol, or if you don’t like the taste of bourbon, then you can still make this dish. Here are some tips on how to make bourbon chicken without bourbon.
How To Make Bourbon Chicken Without Bourbon
Bourbon chicken is a Chinese-American dish made with chicken, soy sauce, sugar, and bourbon. The sauce is often thickened with cornstarch and seasoned with ginger, garlic, and black pepper.
Traditionally, bourbon chicken is cooked by stir-frying the chicken and then adding the sauce to the pan. However, if you don’t have bourbon on hand, you can still make this dish without bourbon.
Here’s how to make bourbon chicken without bourbon:
* 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken and oil. Mix well to coat the chicken with the oil.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
3. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir to coat the chicken with the sauce. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken.
5. Serve the chicken over rice or noodles.
Note: If you don’t have fresh ginger, you can substitute ground ginger.
This dish is delicious and easy to make, and it’s perfect for a weeknight meal. Enjoy!
What Can I Use Instead Of Bourbon In Bourbon Chicken?
- 1. Substitute white wine or chicken broth for the bourbon.
- 2. Replace the bourbon with an equal amount of soy sauce.
- 3. Try using maple syrup or honey in place of the bourbon.
- 4. Instead of bourbon, use an equal amount of apple cider vinegar.
- 5. Experiment with different spices like paprika, garlic powder, or cayenne pepper to add flavor to your chicken dish.
What Are The Key Ingredients In Making Bourbon Chicken?
Bourbon chicken is a delicious dish that originated from China. It is made with chicken, soy sauce, honey, and bourbon. The chicken is marinated in the sauce for several hours and then cooked. The sauce is thickened with cornstarch and the chicken is stir-fried until cooked through.
The key ingredients in making bourbon chicken are chicken, soy sauce, honey, and bourbon. The chicken should be cut into bite-sized pieces. The soy sauce adds flavor to the chicken, while the honey adds sweetness. The bourbon adds depth of flavor to the dish.
The sauce is made with soy sauce, honey, and bourbon. The soy sauce is mixed with the honey and bourbon and heated until thickened. The chicken is then added to the sauce and cooked until cooked through.
The dish is typically served with white rice or noodles. It can also be garnished with green onions or sesame seeds.
How Do I Make A Sauce For Bourbon Chicken?
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup bourbon
* 1/4 cup honey
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons water
First, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, bourbon, and honey in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
Next, in a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Add this mixture to the saucepan, stirring constantly.
Continue to stir the sauce until it thickens, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the sauce to cool slightly.
Once the sauce has cooled, you can use it as a dipping sauce for bourbon chicken. You can also pour the sauce over the chicken before serving.
Can I Make Bourbon Chicken In The Slow Cooker?
Absolutely! Bourbon chicken is a delicious dish that is perfect for making in the slow cooker. The slow cooker allows the flavors of the bourbon, soy sauce, and honey to meld together, creating a rich and flavorful sauce that is perfect for coating the chicken.
To make bourbon chicken in the slow cooker, start by placing chicken breasts or thighs in the slow cooker. In a separate bowl, whisk together bourbon, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger. Pour the sauce over the chicken, making sure to coat each piece well.
Cook the chicken on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. When the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it using two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and allow it to cook in the sauce for an additional 30 minutes.
Serve the bourbon chicken over rice or noodles, and garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
What Are Some Side Dishes That Go Well With Bourbon Chicken?
Bourbon chicken is a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed with a variety of side dishes. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Fried Rice: This classic Asian side dish pairs perfectly with the sweet and savory flavors of bourbon chicken. Serve it plain or jazz it up with your favorite veggies, like peas, carrots, and onions.
2. Roasted Vegetables: For a nutritious and hearty side dish, try roasting your favorite vegetables. Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower are all great options, and they pair well with the bold flavors of bourbon chicken.
3. Garlic Bread: Is there anything better than warm, buttery garlic bread? This classic Italian side dish is the perfect accompaniment to bourbon chicken, and it’s sure to satisfy even the biggest appetites.
4. Mac and Cheese: If you’re looking for a comforting and indulgent side dish, mac and cheese is the way to go. The creamy, cheesy goodness of this side dish pairs perfectly with the rich flavors of bourbon chicken.
5. Coleslaw: For a lighter and refreshing option, try serving your bourbon chicken with a side of coleslaw. The crisp, cool crunch of the cabbage and carrots will balance out the bold flavors of the chicken, and it’s a great way to add some color to your plate.
In conclusion, while the traditional method of making bourbon chicken may call for bourbon, it is possible to create a delicious and flavorful version of this dish without the inclusion of alcohol. By carefully selecting spices and marinating the meat for an extended period of time, you can create a dish that is just as tasty as the original, but more suitable for those who do not wish to consume alcohol. So next time you’re in the mood for some Bourbon chicken, don’t fret if you don’t have any bourbon on hand – with a little bit of creativity and experimentation, you can create a delicious and satisfying meal that everyone will love!