Chicken souvlaki is a delicious Greek dish that is perfect for grilling. In this blog post, we will give you some tips on how to grill chicken souvlaki to perfection. We will cover everything from choosing the right chicken to marinating it with the right flavors. So, whether you are an experienced griller or just starting out, this blog post is for you!
How To Grill Chicken Souvlaki
Marinate chicken in souvlaki sauce for 4 hours. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
Thread chicken onto skewers, alternating with pieces of onion and bell pepper.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill skewers for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
Remove from grill and serve warm with tzatziki sauce.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Grill Chicken Souvlaki?
- Bell peppers
- Marinade (optional)
What Is The Best Way To Marinate Chicken For Souvlaki?
Marinating chicken for souvlaki is an essential part of the dish. Marinating the chicken helps to infuse it with flavor and keep it moist while cooking. There are many different ways to marinate chicken for souvlaki, but one of the best ways is to use a simple marinade made with lemon juice, olive oil, and herbs.
To make the marinade, simply combine lemon juice, olive oil, and dried herbs in a small bowl. You can also use fresh herbs and spices if you prefer. Stir the marinade well to combine, and then pour it over the chicken.
Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight. The longer you marinate the chicken, the more flavorful it will be.
When you are ready to cook the chicken, remove it from the marinade and discard the marinade.
How Long Should I Grill Chicken Souvlaki For?
Grilling chicken souvlaki is a delightful way to enjoy a delicious meal. It’s important to grill the chicken for the right amount of time to ensure it is cooked properly and tastes delicious. Here are some tips on how long to grill chicken souvlaki for:
1. Chicken Souvlaki Skewers: If your chicken souvlaki is skewered, grill them for 10-12 minutes, turning them occasionally to ensure even cooking.
2. Chicken Souvlaki Cutlets: If your chicken souvlaki is cutlets, grill them for 8-10 minutes, turning them occasionally to ensure even cooking.
3. Chicken Souvlaki Kabobs: If your chicken souvlaki is kabobs, grill them for 8-10 minutes, turning them occasionally to ensure even cooking.
4. Chicken Souvlaki Gyros: If your chicken souvlaki is gyros, grill them for 6-8 minutes, turning them occasionally to ensure even cooking.
Remember, the key to delicious chicken souvlaki is to cook it until it is fully cooked but not overcooked.
Should I Grill The Chicken On Direct Or Indirect Heat?
Absolutely, grilling the chicken on direct heat will yield the best results.
1. Quicker cooking time – Direct heat cooking is faster, which is essential when grilling chicken.
2. Even browning – Direct heat ensures the chicken is evenly browned and crispy.
3. Searing – Direct heat is great for searing the chicken, which adds flavor and helps seal in the juices.
4. Better control – Direct heat allows you to easily control the temperature, ensuring the chicken is cooked perfectly.
However, indirect heat does have some advantages.
1. Slow cooking – Indirect heat is perfect for slow cooking chicken, which is great for dishes like BBQ chicken.
2. Even cooking – Indirect heat ensures the chicken cooks evenly, which is ideal if you’re cooking a larger piece of chicken.
Ultimately, the best method will depend on what you’re cooking. If you’re in a hurry, direct heat is the way to go. If you’re in the mood for slow-cooked BBQ chicken, indirect heat is the way to go.
What Are Some Side Dishes That Go Well With Chicken Souvlaki?
Some side dishes that go well with chicken souvlaki include tzatziki sauce, Greek salad, pita bread, and hummus. Tzatziki sauce is a yogurt-based sauce that is seasoned with cucumber, garlic, and dill. It is a popular condiment in Greece and is often used as a dipping sauce for souvlaki. Greek salad is a fresh and healthy salad made with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese. It is a simple and delicious side dish that pairs well with chicken souvlaki. Pita bread is a soft, flat bread that is perfect for scooping up souvlaki and tzatziki sauce. Hummus is a creamy chickpea spread that is delicious with pita bread. It is a healthy and versatile side dish that goes well with chicken souvlaki.
In conclusion, grilling chicken souvlaki is a delicious and easy meal that is perfect for any occasion. With just a few simple steps, you can impress your friends and family with this flavorful dish. So fire up the grill and get ready to cook up a Greek-inspired feast!