Deep-fried sesame chicken is a popular dish in Asian cuisine. The chicken is coated in a light batter and fried until golden brown. The batter is made with flour, cornstarch, and sesame seeds, which gives the chicken a crispy exterior. The chicken is typically served with a sweet sesame sauce.
How To Deep Fry Sesame Chicken
Sesame chicken is a classic Chinese-American dish that can be found in restaurants around the world. However, making it at home can be a bit tricky. In this article, we’ll show you how to deep fry sesame chicken.
* 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
* 1/2 cup cornstarch
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup sesame seeds
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1/2 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1/4 cup rice vinegar
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/4 cup ketchup
* 1 tbsp minced garlic
* 1 tbsp minced ginger
1. Cut the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, flour, and sesame seeds.
3. In another shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs.
4. Dip the chicken pieces into the eggs, then into the cornstarch mixture.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
6. Fry the chicken pieces until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
7. Meanwhile, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, water, ketchup, garlic, and ginger in a small bowl.
8. When the chicken is cooked, toss it in the sauce.
9. Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds if desired.
* Make sure not to overcrowd the pan when frying the chicken. Fry in batches if necessary.
* Use a thermometer to ensure that the oil is hot enough before frying the chicken.
* Do not let the oil get too hot, or the chicken will burn on the outside and undercook on the inside.
* The sauce can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use.
What Are The Benefits Of Deep Frying Sesame Chicken?
- Deep frying sesame chicken is a popular cooking method, but what are the real benefits of doing so? Here are five benefits of deep frying sesame chicken:
- 1. Crispy Texture: Deep frying sesame chicken creates a crispy, crunchy texture that people love. The hot oil seals in the juices and creates a golden brown crust that is hard to resist.
- 2. Flavor: Deep frying sesame chicken adds a delicious, rich flavor to the dish. The hot oil helps to infuse the chicken with the sesame sauce, creating a delicious flavor that is difficult to replicate.
- 3. Versatility: Deep frying sesame chicken is a versatile cooking method. It can be used to make a variety of dishes, from appetizers to main courses. It is also easy to customize, allowing you to add different spices or sauces to suit your taste.
- 4. Convenience: Deep frying sesame chicken is a quick and easy cooking method. It takes only a few minutes to fry the chicken, and you can easily prepare a large batch to serve a crowd.
- 5. Health Benefits: Contrary to popular belief, deep frying sesame chicken can have some health benefits. The oil used in deep frying is generally low in saturated fat, and the chicken is cooked quickly, so it doesn’t absorb a lot of oil.
What Are Some Tips For Ensuring The Chicken Is Cooked Evenly?
Chicken is a tricky thing to cook, as it’s prone to drying out and being unevenly cooked. Here are some ways to ensure that your chicken is cooked through evenly:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature will ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and is cooked through.
Next, rub the chicken with olive oil. This will help to keep it moist and flavorful.
Then, season the chicken with salt and pepper. This will add flavor to the chicken and make it more appetizing.
Finally, place the chicken in a roasting pan and bake it for about 45 minutes. This amount of time will ensure that the chicken is cooked through evenly.
To check the chicken’s doneness, use a meat thermometer. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How Long Does It Take To Deep Fry Sesame Chicken?
Deep frying sesame chicken is a quick and easy process that takes only a few minutes. The chicken should be cut into bite-sized pieces before cooking. The chicken should be marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil for at least 30 minutes. The chicken should be dredged in cornstarch before frying. The oil should be heated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before frying. The chicken should be fried for about 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown. The chicken should be drained on paper towels before serving.
What Are Some Alternative Methods For Cooking Sesame Chicken?
There are several alternative methods for cooking sesame chicken. One option is to bake the chicken in the oven. To do this, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chicken breasts on the baking sheet and brush them with a mixture of sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, and garlic. Bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Another option is to cook the chicken in a slow cooker. To do this, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, and garlic in a slow cooker. Add the chicken breasts and turn to coat them in the sauce. Cook the chicken on low for 4-6 hours, or on high for 2-3 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Another option is to cook the chicken on the grill. To do this, preheat the grill to medium-high heat and brush the chicken with a mixture of sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, and garlic. Grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
No matter which method you choose, be sure to let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute. Enjoy!
What Are Some Side Dishes That Go Well With Sesame Chicken?
Sesame chicken is a delicious and popular Chinese dish, and it’s often served as a main course. However, it can also be served as a side dish, and there are many great side dishes that go well with it.
Some classic side dishes that go well with sesame chicken include steamed broccoli, roasted vegetables, and fried rice. These side dishes are all simple to prepare and complement the flavor of the chicken nicely.
If you’re looking for a healthier option, you can also serve sesame chicken with a side of salad. A light and refreshing salad such as Asian slaw or Chinese chicken salad goes perfectly with the dish.
Finally, if you’re looking for something a little different, you can try serving sesame chicken with a side of noodles. Ramen or lo mein noodles are both great options, and they add a different texture and flavor to the meal.
No matter what side dishes you choose to serve with sesame chicken, it’s important to make sure that the side dishes complement the main dish and don’t overpower it. With a little experimentation, you’re sure to find the perfect side dishes to complement your sesame chicken dish.
In conclusion, deep frying sesame chicken is a delicious and easy way to prepare chicken. The chicken is coated in a delicious sesame seed batter and fried to golden perfection. The sesame seeds add a delicious nutty flavor to the chicken, and the cornstarch helps to keep the chicken juicy. This dish is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal or for a special occasion.