Chicken teriyaki stir fry is a healthy and delicious meal that is perfect for any occasion. It is easy to make, and you can customize it to your liking. In this blog post, we will walk you through the steps of making chicken teriyaki stir fry. We will provide you with tips on how to cook the chicken, what vegetables to add, and how to make the sauce. We will also provide you with some variations that you can try.
How To Cook Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 medium onion, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup snow peas
1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
1/2 cup sliced bamboo shoots
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, vegetable oil, ginger, garlic powder, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
2. Add the chicken strips to the bag, seal, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
3. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
4. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade.
5. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
7. Add the onion, bell peppers, mushrooms, snow peas, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and green onions to the skillet.
8. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
What Is The Best Cut Of Chicken To Use For Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry?
- Chicken thighs are the best cut of chicken to use for chicken teriyaki stir fry. The thigh is a dark meat cut that is higher in fat and collagen, which make it more flavorful and moist when cooked. The thigh is also less expensive than other cuts of chicken, making it a great choice for a budget-friendly meal.
- 1. Chicken thighs are an affordable and flavorful cut of chicken that is perfect for chicken teriyaki stir fry.
- 2. The thigh is a dark meat cut that is higher in fat and collagen, which make it more flavorful and moist when cooked.
- 3. Chicken thighs are less expensive than other cuts of chicken, making them a great choice for a budget-friendly meal.
- 4. Chicken thighs are easy to cook and can handle the high-heat cooking required for stir frying.
- 5. Chicken thighs are a versatile cut of chicken that can be used in a variety of dishes, including chicken teriyaki stir fry.
What Is The Best Way To Marinate The Chicken For Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry?
Chicken teriyaki stir-fry is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner. The key to making this dish flavorful is to marinate the chicken before cooking.
To marinate the chicken, start by slicing it into thin strips. Then, in a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger. Add the chicken strips to the bowl and toss to coat them in the marinade. Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to cook the chicken, heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil to the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the chicken strips and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
While the chicken is cooking, prepare the stir-fry sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger. Add the cornstarch and whisk until the sauce is smooth.
Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet and set aside. Add the vegetables to the skillet and cook until tender-crisp. Then, add the cooked chicken back to the skillet and pour the stir-fry sauce over it. Stir to coat the chicken and vegetables in the sauce.
Cook the stir-fry for another minute or two, or until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken and vegetables. Serve the chicken teriyaki stir-fry over rice or noodles.
By marinating the chicken before cooking, you’ll get an extra boost of flavor that will make this dish even more delicious.
What Are The Essential Ingredients For Making Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry?
Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry is a delicious and flavorful dish that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. While you can make this dish with a wide variety of ingredients, there are a few essential ingredients that are key to making this dish taste authentic.
One of the most important ingredients for Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry is the chicken. You can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs for this dish. You can also use chicken that has been cut into bite-sized pieces.
Another essential ingredient for Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry is the sauce. This sauce is made with soy sauce, mirin, sugar, and cornstarch. The soy sauce adds a rich, salty flavor to the dish, while the mirin adds a sweet, tangy flavor. The sugar adds a touch of sweetness, and the cornstarch helps to thicken the sauce.
In addition to chicken and sauce, you will need a few other ingredients to make Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry. You will need vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms. You will also need some oil for cooking, as well as salt and pepper for seasoning.
Once you have gathered your ingredients, you will need to cook the chicken and vegetables in a wok or a large skillet. You will want to cook the chicken until it is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
What Is The Best Way To Cook The Chicken For Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry?
Chicken teriyaki stir fry is a delicious dish that is perfect for a quick and easy meal. The key to making this dish is to marinate the chicken in a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce before cooking.
There are many different ways to cook the chicken for chicken teriyaki stir fry, but the most popular method is to pan-fry it. To do this, you will need to heat a small amount of oil in a pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, you can add the chicken to the pan and cook it until it is cooked through and has a nice golden brown color.
If you want to cook the chicken a little more quickly, you can also bake it in the oven. To do this, you will need to preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, place the chicken on a baking sheet and bake it for about 20 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
No matter which method you choose, it is important to make sure that the chicken is cooked all the way through before you add it to the stir fry. This will ensure that it is juicy and flavorful.
What Is The Best Way To Stir Fry The Vegetables For Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry?
When making chicken teriyaki stir-fry, the vegetables should be stir-fried separately from the chicken to ensure even cooking. Cut the vegetables into uniform pieces to ensure even cooking. Heat a wok or a large skillet over high heat and add a tablespoon of oil. Add the vegetables in a single layer and cook, stirring occasionally, until they’re tender-crisp. Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside.
Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season it with salt and pepper. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan, and when the oil is hot, add the chicken in a single layer. Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, until it’s cooked through and no longer pink. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan, and when the oil is hot, add the vegetables back to the pan. Stir-fry the vegetables until they’re heated through. Add the chicken back to the pan along with the teriyaki sauce. Stir-fry until the sauce is heated through and the chicken and vegetables are coated with the sauce.
Serve the chicken teriyaki stir-fry over rice or noodles.
In a nutshell
In conclusion, chicken teriyaki stir-fry is a healthy and delicious meal that can be made quickly and easily. It is packed with flavor, and can be customized to your liking. Give this recipe a try, and let us know what you think!