What To Know
- Cooking chicken satay on a BBQ is a great way to add a touch of smoky flavor to the dish.
- I like to grill the chicken on skewers, but you can also cook it on a grill pan.
- Next, cut your chicken into thin strips and marinate it in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, and ginger for at least 30 minutes.
Are you a fan of chicken satay? If so, you’re in luck! In this blog post, we’ll be showing you how to prepare this delicious dish on a BBQ. Chicken satay is a popular appetizer or snack in Southeast Asian cuisine. It’s typically made with small pieces of chicken, marinated in a flavorful sauce, and threaded onto skewers. The skewers are then grilled or roasted, giving the satay its distinctive flavor. Cooking chicken satay on a BBQ is a great way to add a touch of smoky flavor to the dish. Follow our simple recipe below and you’ll be enjoying chicken satay in no time!
How To Cook Chicken Satay On Bbq
The BBQ chicken satay recipe is great for a quick and easy meal. All you need is a few ingredients, and you can have a delicious meal in no time.
The first step is to marinate the chicken. You can do this overnight, or for at least 30 minutes. I like to use soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger.
Once the chicken is marinated, it’s time to grill it. I like to grill the chicken on skewers, but you can also cook it on a grill pan.
Once the chicken is cooked, it’s time to serve it. I like to drizzle the chicken with peanut sauce, and serve it with rice.
The BBQ chicken satay recipe is perfect for a quick and easy meal. It’s easy to make, and it’s delicious.
What Is The Best Way To Marinate Chicken Satay?
- Combine soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger in a bowl.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers and grill until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken skewers with a peanut dipping sauce.
How Long Should Chicken Satay Be Cooked On A Bbq?
Chicken satay is a popular dish in Southeast Asia. It’s made of marinated chicken, which is threaded onto skewers and grilled. The chicken is usually served with a peanut sauce.
When cooking chicken satay on a BBQ, it’s important to cook it for the correct amount of time. This will ensure that the chicken is cooked all the way through, without burning the outside.
Here’s a good rule of thumb: cook chicken satay for about 8-10 minutes on each side. This will give you juicy, flavorful chicken that’s cooked through.
It’s also important to use the right type of BBQ. A charcoal grill will give the chicken a nice smoky flavor, while a gas grill will be more convenient.
When grilling chicken satay, make sure to keep a close eye on it. The chicken will cook quickly, so it’s easy to overcook it.
Once the chicken is cooked, let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute, making the chicken even more flavorful.
Serve chicken satay with peanut sauce, rice, and fresh vegetables for a delicious and nutritious meal.
Can You Cook Chicken Satay In The Oven?
Yes, you can cook chicken satay in the oven. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven is preheating, soak your skewers in water for about 10 minutes. Next, cut your chicken into thin strips and marinate it in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, and ginger for at least 30 minutes.
Once the chicken has marinated, thread it onto the skewers. Place the skewers on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
While the skewers are baking, you can prepare your peanut sauce. In a blender or food processor, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, lime juice, honey, and coconut milk. Blend until smooth. Serve the chicken satay with the peanut sauce for dipping.
You can also cook chicken satay on the grill. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. While the grill is preheating, soak your skewers in water for about 10 minutes. Cut your chicken into thin strips and marinate it in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, and ginger for at least 30 minutes. Thread the chicken onto the skewers and place them on the grill.
Can You Cook Chicken Satay On An Electric Bbq?
Yes, you can cook chicken satay on an electric BBQ. In fact, it’s a great way to cook satay as you can control the temperature easily and it’s a healthier option than cooking over a gas BBQ.
Here’s how to cook chicken satay on an electric BBQ:
1. Prepare the chicken: Cut the chicken into thin strips and marinate it in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and curry powder for at least 30 minutes.
2. Skewer the chicken: Thread the chicken onto skewers, alternating with pieces of onion and bell pepper.
3. Cook the chicken: Preheat the electric BBQ to medium-high heat. Cook the chicken skewers for about 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and has a nice char on the outside.
4. Serve: Serve the chicken satay with a dipping sauce made from soy sauce, lime juice, and brown sugar. You can also add some chopped peanuts and cilantro to the dipping sauce for some extra flavor.
Note: It’s important to keep an eye on the chicken while it’s cooking, as it can burn easily on an electric BBQ. It’s also a good idea to use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through.
What Side Dishes Go Well With Chicken Satay?
Chicken satay is a popular dish in many parts of the world, and it’s often served with a variety of side dishes. Here are a few side dish ideas that go well with chicken satay:
1. Rice: Rice is a classic side dish for chicken satay. It’s filling and pairs well with the flavorful chicken skewers.
2. Noodles: Noodles are another popular side dish for chicken satay. They can be served hot or cold, depending on your preference.
3. Salad: A fresh salad can complement the flavors of the chicken satay. Try a salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a vinaigrette dressing.
4. Vegetables: Grilled or roasted vegetables are a healthy and delicious side dish for chicken satay. Try asparagus, bell peppers, or zucchini.
5. Potato dishes: Potatoes are a versatile side dish that goes well with chicken satay. You can try roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, or even sweet potato fries.
6. Dipping sauces: Chicken satay is typically served with a dipping sauce. There are many different types of dipping sauces you can try, such as peanut sauce, soy sauce, or chili sauce.
Overall, there are many side dish options that can go well with chicken satay.
Ready to impress your friends and family at your next BBQ? Learn how to cook chicken satay on the BBQ to perfection! This recipe is easy, delicious, and sure to impress your guests. So what are you waiting for? Start cooking!