Chicken Cordon Bleu is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for any occasion. It is made with chicken, ham, and Swiss cheese, and it is typically breaded and fried. While this dish may seem complicated, it is actually quite easy to prepare at home. In this blog post, we will walk you through the steps to cook Chicken Cordon Bleu from Safeway.
How To Cook Chicken Cordon Bleu From Safeway
Cooking Chicken Cordon Bleu can be a satisfying meal that you can make for your family. There are a few ways to cook it, but this recipe comes from Safeway.
1 chicken breast
1 slice of ham
1 slice of Swiss cheese
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut the chicken in half lengthwise, then place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on each half.
3. Roll the chicken up and secure with a toothpick.
4. Beat the egg in a bowl, then dip the chicken in the egg, then the flour, then the bread crumbs.
5. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, then fry the chicken until browned on all sides.
6. Place the fried chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Remove the toothpicks and serve.
This meal is delicious and easy to make. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
What Are The Ingredients Needed To Make Chicken Cordon Bleu From Safeway?
- 1. Chicken breasts
- 2. Ham
- 3. Swiss cheese
- 4. Flour
- 5. Eggs
- 6. Panko bread crumbs
- 7. Butter
How Do You Prepare The Chicken For This Recipe?
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
3. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.
4. Add the asparagus and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the asparagus is tender-crisp.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and cornstarch.
What Are The Steps Involved In Making The Filling For The Chicken Cordon Bleu?
Making chicken cordon bleu is a delicious and hearty meal. Here are the steps involved to make the filling:
1. The first thing you need to do is to slice the chicken breasts in half, horizontally.
2. Then, you need to pound the chicken with a meat mallet until it’s about 1/4 inch thick.
3. After that, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Next, spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard on top of the chicken.
5. Then, place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on top of the mustard.
6. Roll the chicken up tightly, starting with the short end.
7. Secure the chicken with toothpicks.
8. Heat some oil in a pan, and then brown the chicken on all sides.
9. Then, place the chicken in a baking dish and bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
10. Serve the chicken cordon bleu with pasta or rice.
How Do You Bread The Chicken Cordon Bleu?
Breading the chicken cordon bleu is a relatively simple process, but it’s important to follow the proper steps to ensure a crispy, flavorful crust. Here are the basic steps:
1. Prepare the chicken breast: Butterfly the chicken breast by slicing it horizontally through the middle, being careful not to cut all the way through. Open the breast like a book and pound it lightly with a meat mallet or rolling pin to an even thickness.
2. Layer the filling: Season the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper, then spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard over the breast. Next, layer on the ham and cheese, being careful not to overfill the breast.
3. Roll and pin: Roll the chicken up tightly, tucking in the edges as you go. Secure the roll with toothpicks or skewers.
4. Prepare the breading station: Set up three shallow dishes: one with flour, one with whisked eggs and a splash of milk, and one with bread crumbs. Season each with salt and pepper.
5. Coat the chicken: First, roll the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess. Then, dip it in the egg mixture, allowing the excess to drip off.
How Do You Cook The Chicken Cordon Bleu?
To cook the chicken cordon bleu, you will need to first butterfly the chicken breast. To do this, you will need to slice the chicken breast horizontally through the middle, but not all the way through. Then, you will open up the chicken breast like a book.
Next, you will season the inside of the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Then, you will place a piece of ham and a piece of cheese on top of the chicken breast. You will then roll the chicken breast up and secure it with a toothpick.
You will then dip the rolled chicken breast in flour, then in beaten eggs, and then in bread crumbs. You will then fry the rolled chicken breast in hot oil until it is golden brown.
Once the chicken is cooked, you will remove it from the oil and place it on a wire rack to drain. Then, you will remove the toothpicks from the chicken and serve it with a side of your favorite sauce.
In conclusion, cooking chicken cordon bleu from Safeway is a quick and easy way to enjoy this classic dish at home. With easy to follow instructions, you can create a delicious and healthy meal that your whole family will love. So next time you are looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe, be sure to give the chicken cordon bleu from Safeway a try!