What To Know
- The breading gives the chicken a nice crispy crust, and the tomato sauce and cheese topping make it hearty and flavorful.
- Bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes, or until the breading is golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
- Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian dish that consists of breaded chicken cutlets that are fried and then topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
If you’re a fan of chicken parmesan, then you know that the key to getting that perfect crispy crust is using eggs as a binding agent. But what do you do if you’re out of eggs or you’re allergic to them? Can you still make chicken parmesan without eggs? The answer is yes! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to bread chicken parmesan without eggs using a simple trick. So, whether you’re cooking for someone with a food allergy or simply out of eggs, you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite dish without compromising on taste or texture.
How To Bread Chicken Parmesan Without Egg
Breaded chicken parmesan is a classic dish that’s easy to make. The breading gives the chicken a nice crispy crust, and the tomato sauce and cheese topping make it hearty and flavorful.
Traditional recipes for breaded chicken parmesan call for eggs in the breading mixture. However, if you’re egg-free or just trying to cut down on your egg consumption, you can still enjoy this delicious dish.
Here’s how to bread chicken parmesan without eggs:
* 1 chicken breast, sliced into thin pieces
* 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup tomato sauce
* 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a shallow bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
3. Dip each piece of chicken into the breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides evenly.
4. Place the breaded chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes, or until the breading is golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
6. While the chicken is baking, heat the tomato sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat.
7. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and spoon the tomato sauce over the top.
8. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the tomato sauce and return the chicken to the oven.
9. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
10. Serve the chicken parmesan hot with a side of pasta or a green salad.
This breaded chicken parmesan recipe without eggs is easy to make and tastes just as good as the original. It’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal or a special occasion.
What Is Chicken Parmesan?
- Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian dish that consists of breaded chicken cutlets that are fried and then topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. It is typically served with a side of pasta.
How Do You Bread Chicken Parmesan?
1. First, you will need to cut your chicken breasts into thin slices.
2. Next, you will need to dip the chicken into flour, then into beaten eggs, and finally into bread crumbs.
3. Then, you will need to heat some oil in a pan over medium heat.
4. Once the oil is hot, you will need to fry the chicken for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until it’s golden brown and crispy.
5. Finally, you will need to serve the chicken parmesan with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Breading chicken parmesan is a delicious and easy way to make chicken more interesting. Give it a try next time you’re in the mood for something different!
What Are The Ingredients For Breading Chicken Parmesan?
Breading chicken parmesan is a quick and easy-to-make meal, and it requires only a few ingredients. The main ingredients are chicken breast, all-purpose flour, eggs, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
First, the chicken breast is pounded thin and then dredged in flour. Then, it is dipped in beaten eggs, and finally, it is coated in bread crumbs mixed with parmesan cheese. The chicken is then fried in hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
Once the chicken is cooked, it is topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. The dish is then baked in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
In addition to the main ingredients, you can add other ingredients to the breading, such as herbs, spices, or additional cheeses. You can also add different toppings to the chicken, such as mushrooms, onions, or bell peppers.
How Do You Cook Chicken Parmesan?
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Next, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. In a pan, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook them for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they’re golden brown.
4. Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and place them in a baking dish.
5. Spoon some tomato sauce over the chicken breasts, making sure to cover them completely.
6. Top the chicken breasts with slices of mozzarella cheese.
7. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake the chicken parmesan for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Remove the dish from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Serve the chicken parmesan with a side of pasta or vegetables, and enjoy!
What Are Some Variations Or Substitutions For Chicken Parmesan?
Chicken Parmesan is a classic dish that is typically made with breaded chicken, marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese. While the traditional recipe is always delicious, there are also some variations and substitutions you can try to change things up a bit.
One popular variation is to try using different types of cheese instead of mozzarella. Parmesan, provolone, and fontina are all delicious options that will lend their own unique flavor to the dish.
If you’re looking to change up the texture of the chicken, you can try using different types of meat. Turkey, veal, or pork are all good alternatives to chicken, and you can use the same breading and sauce recipe for a twist on the classic dish.
Another option is to try different sauces instead of the traditional marinara. Alfredo sauce, pesto, or even alfredo sauce are all delicious options that will lend their own unique flavor to the dish.
Finally, you can also change up the toppings on your chicken parmesan. Instead of just using mozzarella cheese, you can try adding things like mushrooms, bell peppers, or onions. This will add some extra flavor and texture to the dish.
No matter what variation or substitution you choose, chicken parmesan is always a delicious and comforting meal. So don’t be afraid to experiment and try something new!
In conclusion, breading chicken parmesan without eggs is a simple process that requires three key ingredients: flour, breadcrumbs, and olive oil. By taking the time to properly coat the chicken in flour, then breadcrumbs, and finally olive oil, you can create a delicious and crispy crust that is perfect for this popular Italian dish. So, next time you’re craving chicken parmesan, don’t fear – just reach for the flour, breadcrumbs, and olive oil, and give it a try!