Chicken piccata is a delicious dish that can be baked in the oven. The chicken is coated in flour and seasonings, then sautéed in butter until golden. The sauce is made with lemon juice, white wine, and capers, and it’s poured over the chicken before serving.
Can You Bake Chicken Piccata?
Chicken Piccata is an Italian-American dish that is made with chicken, capers, lemon, and white wine. It is typically served over pasta or rice.
To bake chicken piccata, you will need:
1. 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3. 1/2 teaspoon salt
4. 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
5. 2 tablespoons olive oil
6. 1/2 cup dry white wine
7. 1/4 cup lemon juice
8. 1/4 cup chicken broth
9. 2 tablespoons capers
10. 2 tablespoons butter
11. 1 lemon, sliced
12. 1/4 cup chopped parsley
13. Pasta or rice, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel.
3. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
4. Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, coating both sides.
5. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
6. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
7. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and place in a baking dish.
8. In the same skillet, add the white wine, lemon juice, chicken broth, and capers.
9. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly.
10. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts.
11. Top each chicken breast with a slice of lemon and 1 tablespoon of butter.
What Is Chicken Piccata?
- Chicken Piccata is:
- 1. A dish of sautéed chicken breasts in a sauce of butter, lemon juice, and capers.
- 2. A quick and easy meal that is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- 3. A delicious and flavorful dish that is sure to please everyone at the table.
- 4. A healthy option, as chicken breasts are low in calories and high in protein.
- 5. A versatile dish that can be enjoyed on its own or served over pasta or rice.
How Do You Make Chicken Piccata?
Chicken Piccata is a quick and flavorful Italian dish that is made with boneless chicken breasts, mushrooms, capers, and white wine. It’s often served over pasta or rice, but can also be enjoyed on its own.
To make Chicken Piccata, start by dredging the chicken breasts in flour. Then, sauté the chicken breasts in a pan with olive oil until they are golden brown on both sides. Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and set them aside.
Next, sauté the mushrooms in the same pan until they are cooked. Then add the white wine, capers, and lemon juice to the pan. Simmer the mixture for a few minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Finally, return the chicken breasts to the pan and simmer for another few minutes until they are cooked through. Serve the Chicken Piccata over pasta or rice, and garnish with parsley if desired.
Chicken Piccata is a delicious and easy to make dish that is perfect for a weeknight meal. It’s full of flavor, and it’s sure to please everyone at the table.
What Are The Benefits Of Baking Chicken Piccata?
Cooking chicken piccata gives you a chance to add some bright, acidic notes to your meal.
What Are Some Tips For Baking Chicken Piccata?
Bake chicken piccata by dredging boneless, skinless chicken breasts in flour, then dipping them in beaten eggs, and finally coating them with bread crumbs. Place the coated chicken breasts in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. While the chicken is baking, prepare the sauce by sautéing sliced mushrooms, chopped onions, and garlic in butter. Add white wine, lemon juice, and capers to the sautéed vegetables and simmer until the sauce thickens. Remove the chicken from the oven and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
What Are Some Variations Of Chicken Piccata?
Chicken Piccata is a dish that originated in Italy. It is made with thin slices of chicken, which are dredged in flour and sautéed in butter. The chicken is then served with a sauce made from lemon juice, capers, and stock. There are many variations on this dish, and here are just a few:
1. Chicken Piccata with Artichoke Hearts: This version includes artichoke hearts in the sauce.
2. Chicken Piccata with Mushrooms: This version includes mushrooms in the sauce.
3. Chicken Piccata with Sun-Dried Tomatoes: This version includes sun-dried tomatoes in the sauce.
4. Chicken Piccata with Capers: This version includes capers in the sauce.
5. Chicken Piccata with Red Wine: This version includes red wine in the sauce.
6. Chicken Piccata with White Wine: This version includes white wine in the sauce.
7. Chicken Piccata with Balsamic Vinegar: This version includes balsamic vinegar in the sauce.
8. Chicken Piccata with Garlic: This version includes garlic in the sauce.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, chicken piccata is a delicious and elegant dish that can be baked to perfection. The tangy lemon sauce complements the tender chicken beautifully, and the dish is easy enough for anyone to make at home. Whether you’re looking for a fancy meal to impress your guests or a simple weeknight dinner, chicken piccata is the perfect choice. Give it a try today!